~*The Official Thread of Presidential Gaffes and Car-Washing*~

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen anyone get riled up by a Dark Brandon meme. I've got no doubt that it happens; these people get bent out of shape about human biology. :p

It definitely riles up certain sections of the right wing base and that means it has some utility. I'm not saying the memes are important or anything, but it is fun. 

21 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

A "Dark Brandon" mug is no less embarrassing than a "Let's Go Brandon" flag on someone's lifted F150.

I don't know, a mug is objectively less embarrassing.  I have a Papers Please mug, but I wouldn't fly the flag of Arstotzka from the back of my Mazda 3.

On 9/18/2023 at 3:13 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Secret trump voters all over again, this is dumb

I mean, he got 75m votes last time, more than anyone in history except Bidden. More than the first black president by almost 10m. To say there weren’t hidden Trump voters is completely disingenuous. I remember people predicting Trump would get fewer votes than 2016. 

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, he got 75m votes last time, more than anyone in history except Bidden. More than the first black president by almost 10m. To say there weren’t hidden Trump voters is completely disingenuous. I remember people predicting Trump would get fewer votes than 2016. 

If number of votes correlate to secret voters, then Biden had a ton of hidden voters.

Which was closer to the truth.

On 9/18/2023 at 12:17 PM, BloodyHell said:

What people will tell a pollster a nd what they actually believe are different. It’s a team sport, and all they care about is their team looking better than the other.

Why would they make themselves look bad by saying “agree” to this? How does that help “the team?”

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You missed the point on what a secret trump voter was. The secret trump voter was the right wing explanation as to why his polling was not good, that some reason people were socially pressured into not saying they support him. The problem is that the polling was pretty much right on point but due to the fluke of the Electoral college he became president once and nearly did so a second time, but the polling was right with regard to his popularity overall. The idea that people hold back on what they tell pollsters, particularly when they use methods other than calling and speaking to a person, is just wrong and stupid and has been debunked ages ago.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He needs to do more of this

I’m tired of the narrative that certain users here use of “he can barely speak complete sentences” (and I’m not tagging anyone because we all know who I’m talking about).

That old bastard may not be as sharp as he used to be, but he’s still got IT.

• Halal 1

32 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m tired of the narrative that certain users here use of “he can barely speak complete sentences” (and I’m not tagging anyone because we all know who I’m talking about).

To be fair I’d rather be inside of an AMG GT then his sugar baby from the Baltic’s too so I’d imagine Mercedes over her.

5 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Definitely has IT way more than Trump does.

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Don’t have to be a Jew to be a Zionist indeed Mr President.

For fucks sake I'm sure he thinks that will make someone vote for him but all the rest of the zionist are brainwashed by Trump. All it does is make people like me not want to vote for him (not that I did last election anyways but I'm not seeing a third party candidate I want to back yet and up until that bullshit Biden was impressing me).

18 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm just glad I'm not a politician.  I stumble through words all the time when speaking in public or even a small group 

Have you maybe thought that deep down you’re really just a 70 year old politician?

• True 1

16 hours ago, DPCyric said:

For fucks sake I'm sure he thinks that will make someone vote for him but all the rest of the zionist are brainwashed by Trump. All it does is make people like me not want to vote for him (not that I did last election anyways but I'm not seeing a third party candidate I want to back yet and up until that bullshit Biden was impressing me).

Im a Zionist and I despise Trump and his supporters, the world isn’t black and white to the manner you’re portraying.

What I got from the presidents remarks was he whole heartedly believes what he said, and knew it was gonna cause a political back lash and said it anyway because it’s his view.

You can be mad at that, but that’s moral courage we rarely see in politics.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Im a Zionist and I despise Trump and his supporters, the world isn’t black and white to the manner you’re portraying.

What I got from the presidents remarks was he whole heartedly believes what he said, and knew it was gonna cause a political back lash and said it anyway because it’s his view.

You can be mad at that, but that’s moral courage we rarely see in politics.

I'm not mad at it and I agree that is a courage we rarely see in politics. I think a lot more people who are Trump supporters really should be Biden supporters considering his religious views. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DPCyric said:

I'm not mad at it and I agree that is a courage we rarely see in politics. I think a lot more people who are Trump supporters really should be Biden supporters considering his religious views. 

I grew up in the pre cult that trump took as his own, they will never support a democrat ever as they are not actually Christian in the Christ manner. It’s something very different for them based on privilege and a social norm they imagine as America which never existed and only privileged the majority.

Biden at least own his morals and wears them on his sleeve, Trump stands for nothing but his own petty interests.

Im reminded of a scene from Babylon 5, I’ll paraphrase. I’d rather someone oppose me because they believe it’s the right thing than someone support me because it’s expected. 

• Halal 1

35 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I grew up in the pre cult that trump took as his own, they will never support a democrat ever as they are not actually Christian in the Christ manner. It’s something very different for them based on privilege and a social norm they imagine as America which never existed and only privileged the majority.

Biden at least own his morals and wears them on his sleeve, Trump stands for nothing but his own petty interests.

Im reminded of a scene from Babylon 5, I’ll paraphrase. I’d rather someone oppose me because they believe it’s the right thing than someone support me because it’s expected. 

You are absolutely right :(

Breaking News: Religious people can be liberals. An Earth shattering notion to the SF Bay Area-based social media politics since Obama! 

(I'm not religious)

Man I loved living there, I was an hour away from Sonoma, 15 min bart ot drive into the city, but fuck it's such a bubble. You start thinking dumb ass shit like.. oh yeah, a BMW is normal. Everyone should eat organic! And other shit way out of touch with what people actually worry about. 

6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Breaking News: Religious people can be liberals. An Earth shattering notion to the SF Bay Area-based social media politics since Obama! 

(I'm not religious)

Man I loved living there, I was an hour away from Sonoma, 15 min bart ot drive into the city, but fuck it's such a bubble. You start thinking dumb ass shit like.. oh yeah, a BMW is normal. Everyone should eat organic! And other shit way out of touch with what people actually worry about. 

I frankly have nothing in common with the religious and we will never be on the same side. Even when they’re liberal they’re still held back by the oral traditions of ancient goat herders who we have to pretend have something relevant to say to modern humans. I will always be violently opposed to them and I will never compromise my views on that; all religions not just Christian’s. The gods I have inked on me are no more real than the god who told a man to murder his own son or the one who said a seven year old can be fucked.