Demon’s Souls crashing, won’t eject disc.

nublood

Mid gaming session and getting “can’t read disc”. I have to manually remove the disc by removing the back plate and use the removal screw. This has happened numerous times. I thought it was a bad copy of the game so I swapped it. Still getting the same error. I’ve played Sackboy and AC Valhalla and so far, DS is the only culprit. Anyone heard of this or has this happened to anyone here? 

9 hours ago, nublood said:

Mid gaming session and getting “can’t read disc”. I have to manually remove the disc by removing the back plate and use the removal screw. This has happened numerous times. I thought it was a bad copy of the game so I swapped it. Still getting the same error. I’ve played Sackboy and AC Valhalla and so far, DS is the only culprit. Anyone heard of this or has this happened to anyone here? 

I assume the other games you mentioned are also disc-based?

14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

God, I'm glad to be mostly done with physical media.

I know it's on it's way out, but I'm going to miss physical media.  I like owning my games.  I like having something to trade, give away, or collect when I'm done with them. Digital is so much more convenient, but comes with much less value.

12 minutes ago, Slug said:

I know it's on it's way out, but I'm going to miss physical media.  I like owning my games.  I like having something to trade, give away, or collect when I'm done with them. Digital is so much more convenient, but comes with much less value.

The value comes in the space you save not having to keep a bunch of old games stacked up in your home.

16 minutes ago, Slug said:

Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

As well as the laziness you can enjoy by not having to get up off the couch to change games!

It's less lazy than it is more convenient. Getting up to change a disc doesn't take much effort but if you want to switch between 3 or 4 games at a time you've left laziness and entered complicated territory

3 minutes ago, Slug said:

B...but I likes my games. :nervous:

Same. There are tons of great physical sales, and I like being able to play whatever from years past by owning the disc. Streaming has a lot of advantages, but I hate that I don't just own something like the entire Bojack Horseman series on physical and digital.

In typical D1P fashion,  I check the thread thinking someone would have some insight as to what the potential issue could be that the O.P. is talking about but nope! Turns into a whole discussion about digital vs physical media and gives a bunch of folks another reason to restate opinions they've stated dozens of times in other threads :|

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

In typical D1P fashion,  I check the thread thinking someone would have some insight as to what the potential issue could be that the O.P. is talking about but nope! Turns into a whole discussion about digital vs physical media and gives a bunch of folks another reason to restate opinions they've stated dozens of times in other threads :|

Allow me to explain to you why PC is better then consoles 

• Haha 1

Play some games on mute and listen to how fast the drive is spinning.  Is Souls working the disc?  I notice a difference in RPMs depending on the game; God of War was putting out some serious vibration.

On the other hand, I did play Demon Souls for about 20-30 minutes on a friend's PS5 and didn't get an error, or really notice the disc drive doing much at all.

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Play some games on mute and listen to how fast the drive is spinning.  Is Souls working the disc?  I notice a difference in RPMs depending on the game; God of War was putting out some serious vibration.

On the other hand, I did play Demon Souls for about 20-30 minutes on a friend's PS5 and didn't get an error, or really notice the disc drive doing much at all.

Should it even be using the disc aside from the initial DRM check? What exactly would it be reading from the disc to get a disc read error?

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Should it even be using the disc aside from the initial DRM check? What exactly would it be reading from the disc to get a disc read error?

I was going to ask the same, doesn't it just check to see if the disc is present, but just run the game off the SSD?