Demon’s Souls crashing, won’t eject disc.

nublood

7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

While the servers and stores exist, sure. I'm sure if you bought a game on Stadia, you're set for life.

Stadia fans are quite possibly the most batshit demographic of gamers.  Visiting their subreddit ought to be a new level of hell.  

So after trying 2 different PS5 games and some PS4 games, it seems DS is the only game that’s causing the issue for me. I called Sony and they suggested doing full system restart which means losing all my data. I’ve got everything saved into the PS Cloud so that’s a minor inconvenience to re-download everything. Gonna give that a shot and see what happens. I’m really leaving sending it back for an exchange as a last resort.

Edit- DS does spin rapidly upon start and then it’s silent. I was able to play for a couple hours yesterday and the console was whisper quiet. 

Edit 2- I’m not using an external HDD.

In typical D1P fashion,  I check the thread thinking someone would have some insight as to what the potential issue could be that the O.P. is talking about but nope! Turns into a whole discussion about which first party games have issues and brick systems and gives a bunch of folks another reason to restate opinions they've stated dozens of times in other threads :|

18 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

In typical D1P fashion,  I check the thread thinking someone would have some insight as to what the potential issue could be that the O.P. is talking about but nope! Turns into a whole discussion about digital vs physical media and gives a bunch of folks another reason to restate opinions they've stated dozens of times in other threads :|

Man, if you think arguing digital vs physical in a random thread is d1p fashion and not just the way of the gaming world, I don't know what to tell you. :p 

23 hours ago, Slug said:

I know it's on it's way out, but I'm going to miss physical media.  I like owning my games.  I like having something to trade, give away, or collect when I'm done with them. Digital is so much more convenient, but comes with much less value.

But you don't really own them. If Sony and MS decided to shut off their servers tomorrow, most of our disc's from the last two generations would be worthless, because even when games go gold, they usually need a patch just to be booted up. 

Also, to me, the value of having my collection conveniently in one place, usable anywhere I have internet, is far more valuable than a game disk that I can resell for pennies on the dollar.

I also hate clutter. I have like 200 ps4 games. I don't want 200 shitty plastic cases on shelves.

That's just me, but I can't see ever buying another physical game, except for in the case of my switch.

I’m a fan of physical media but I also tend to share with friends and trade in games a lot. There’s something almost annoying about completing a single player game (bought digitally) that I now have forever, but don’t want - RDR2, God of War and others are games I’m only interested in the once - but I went for convenience over my usual preference (mostly so I can buy at midnight and I can surprise my wife with a new game in the morning).

58 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Question for the board - which is the better game: Dark Souls Remastered or Demon’s Souls (PS5)?

Demon’s Souls looks a lot better, but Dark Souls is a more refined version of what Demon’s set out to make. 

Demon’s Souls is very exploitable and few of the bosses offer a real challenge once you understand the hook. Dark Souls is just really well designed all around from the environment that slowly links together to the more challenging bosses, better balance between builds, and IMO game systems that work better. 

That said, Demon’s still holds a special place for me and some of the things you could consider “less refined” are also just kind of charming in their own way. 

If you’ve never played one and are looking to play something on your PS5, I think Demons looks and sounds so good I would edge people toward that over remastered, which IIRC isn’t an overly impressive upgrade over the original. 

If you have a PS5, Demon’s Souls is an absolute must play. Dark Souls is amazing too and probably a bit deeper and more challenging. But why drive a fancy Corvette when you could drive a Ferrari. In my opinion, DS is a true next gen game that should be played by all Souls enthusiasts. Also, pay attention to the ray tracing...just crazy. 

7 minutes ago, nublood said:

If you have a PS5, Demon’s Souls is an absolute must play. Dark Souls is amazing too and probably a bit deeper and more challenging. But why drive a fancy Corvette when you could drive a Ferrari. In my opinion, DS is a true next gen game that should be played by all Souls enthusiasts. Also, pay attention to the ray tracing...just crazy. 

There is no ray tracing in Demon Souls.  Unless the patched it in post launch.

9 hours ago, nublood said:

I read that it had RT a while back. Imo, the lighting does things I haven’t seen before on a console. I suppose I just assumed. My bad.

It’s a great looking game so I don’t blame you for thinking it has the complete works.

I finished my second playthrough  recently. Got quite a bit into ng+ but now I’ve decided to shift to Spider-Man for now.