johnny

sign   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Question is Thread title

• They’re a complete joke
    • I think there is some truth to it
    • I’m all about it
    • Other (explain in post)

i ask this because i was reading my sign as a male and it made me sound like a dickhead who makes women feel bad about themselves. i’ve read these things before but it mostly talked really general like “you are a hard worker” or “you are more sensitive than others” 

personally i think they’re a joke. if somebody takes them seriously or thinks there is some truth to this stuff i would like to hear what you have to say. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Total bullshit. I didn’t even know what my sign was until a couple years ago. 

I have a coworker who is big into it and according to her, me and my husband shouldn’t be compatible. 16 years together says otherwise. :shrug:

Are you a Gemini? Such a Gemini thing to say.

Other. 

I mean, I don't believe in that shit, total BS like CNut said, but I enjoy some aspects of it as entertainment. I mean, that shit is fortune cookie level shit, but I love reading my fortune. I am a fan of it in fantasy settings as well. In a fantasy setting, the BS actually works cuz magic and shit. 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

i ask this because i was reading my sign as a male and it made me sound like a dickhead who makes women feel bad about themselves.

Wait so this whole thread is just you seeking validation for feeling salty about your sign? 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wait so this whole thread is just you seeking validation for feeling salty about your sign? 

i’m not salty but it did make me think that if i was talking to a woman who was into this stuff she would read it and be turned off lol 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

It’s fake as hell and anyone who thinks otherwise is of low intelligence. As if billions and billions of humans with many facets to their personalities and life experiences can all be confined to 12 categories 🙄

and even with the specifics of birth times with astrology, that is also bullshit. The alignment of planets at the time you were born has zero fucking bearing on who you are and where your life will take you. It’s completely unrelated and irrelevant. 

can you explain what something like a cancer rising is? is that the planet stuff? 

Load of crap but I'm generally more diplomatic when asked what my sign is and just say I don't follow that stuff. It doesn't seem worth the effort to argue with them. Apparently it has gone out of alignment over time such that the positions of the constellations don't even line up with the periods they're supposed to so people are actually a different sign based on the position of the stars than what they think they are based on the date.

Total BS and no one should take it any more seriously than just looking at it for fun. Had an old manager that was into it, "studied" it or some shit, and tried to pin me down with it. Oh it's real you say? Really? Then tell me why the Greek, Chinese, Zoroastrian, and all the other zodiacs conflict with each other. A bunch of balls of gas billions of miles away in space have no bearing on who I am as a person based on when I was born. 

On 12/24/2020 at 12:05 AM, Rachel said:

It’s fake as hell and anyone who thinks otherwise is of low intelligence. As if billions and billions of humans with many facets to their personalities and life experiences can all be confined to 12 categories 🙄

and even with the specifics of birth times with astrology, that is also bullshit. The alignment of planets at the time you were born has zero fucking bearing on who you are and where your life will take you. It’s completely unrelated and irrelevant. 

I'm not surprised a Capricorn feels this way 

On 12/23/2020 at 9:05 PM, Rachel said:

So one of my best friends is super into astrology. Like, SUPER into it.

There is no reasoning.

"That horoscope is completely inaccurate."

"Well that's just your sun sign, you should also look at your moon sign."

"still not accurate, also I don't care."

"But what about your twelfth house."

"Nope"

"But what time of day were you born."

It eventually devolves into a situation where there is a situational juxtaposition of planets that can explain everything. And if that's the case, then it ultimately means nothing, it just makes people feel better, which is why I call it religion for beginners.

And there's nothing wrong with that, honestly. If something you believe makes you feel better about your life and doesn't put anyone else down, good for you. I'd rather someone be into astrology than be a Baptist.

On 12/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, Fizzzzle said:

So one of my best friends is super into astrology. Like, SUPER into it.

There is no reasoning.

"That horoscope is completely inaccurate."

"Well that's just your sun sign, you should also look at your moon sign."

"still not accurate, also I don't care."

"But what about your twelfth house."

"Nope"

"But what time of day were you born."

It eventually devolves into a situation where there is a situational juxtaposition of planets that can explain everything. And if that's the case, then it ultimately means nothing, it just makes people feel better, which is why I call it religion for beginners.

And there's nothing wrong with that, honestly. If something you believe makes you feel better about your life and doesn't put anyone else down, good for you. I'd rather someone be into astrology than be a Baptist.

Oh god my ex was into astrology and kept asking me to find out what time of day I was born, I never made the connection there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 3:11 PM, DPCyric said:

I actually think there is some truth to it from a scientific perspective... I think magnetic fields have a greater impact on our development than we have discovered. That's why there is variants by month, year and time of birth.

why would a magnetic field have an impact on whether im hard working or not