Tom Cruise Goes Off... Again

Goes off on crew for COVID 19 VIOLATIONS

The actor Tom Cruise recently erupted at crew members on the set of “Mission: Impossible 7” over a breach of Covid-19 protocols in an apparent effort to prevent further disruptions to a film whose production has already been delayed by the pandemic.

“We are creating thousands of jobs,” Mr. Cruise, the star of the film, can be heard saying in a leaked audio clip that is littered with expletives. “I don’t ever want to see it again! Ever! And if you don’t do it, you’re fired!”

Correct or not, he sounds like a total fuck stick.

I've heard speculation that this is fake and/or staged.

I was ignoring this story, because really, who gives a shit... but I finally listened and I don't think this is staged. He would have tried harder to not sound like such a total ass if it was staged.

I couldn't even make it through the whole thing. He sounds like one of my old bosses... he keeps framing the whole situation around how it effects him... "This is what I go to bed with each night..." yeah, shut the fuck up with that shit. You're not the victim here you multi-millionare cult leader fucker. You probably earned more during the 2 minute duration of your rant than the two people listening to you berate them will make all year.

That said, I know someone who spent an hour or two with Tom Cruise and they said he was shockingly normal and down to earth... this was like 20 years ago though, so who knows.

1 hour ago, ort said:

I was ignoring this story, because really, who gives a shit... but I finally listened and I don't think this is staged. He would have tried harder to not sound like such a total ass if it was staged.

I couldn't even make it through the whole thing. He sounds like one of my old bosses... he keeps framing the whole situation around how it effects him... "This is what I go to bed with each night..." yeah, shut the fuck up with that shit. You're not the victim here you multi-millionare cult leader fucker. You probably earned more during the 2 minute duration of your rant than the two people listening to you berate them will make all year.

That said, I know someone who spent an hour or two with Tom Cruise and they said he was shockingly normal and down to earth... this was like 20 years ago though, so who knows.

I mean even if it was staged I am totally fine with it. He sounds a little douchey and holier than thou, sure, but this is serious fucking shit. 

2 hours ago, ort said:

No way that was fake... and if you listened he wasn't talking about how it affected HIM. He was talking about how people in the industry aren't working, are losing their houses and aren't able to put their kids through school and how that production (which he is exec producing) was leading the way for Hollywood to start producing again. If you listen to the whole thing, he's not talking about how it affects HIM at all... he;s talking about the industry and he's absolutely right. I have so many friends out of work right now its sad. So yeah... its easy to pull the " pampred douchy Hollywood star" card here, but when you think about him being responsible for the livelihoods of a BUNCH of people working on that movie (probably several hundred) and how an outbreak could endanger that and shut the whole thing down due to a couple of people's carelessness... you could understand his anger. I wouldn't have wanted to eb on the receiving end of that all... and I probably would have quit too to be honest :p But he was right.

EDIT: And I've heard he was down to Earth and cool too which makes this outburst even more out of character. 

Yeah I would have ZERO issues if I had a Boss that lit into his staff that way. If you listen to the whole thing he is 100% looking out for everyone in that entire production. He’s the executive producer not just the star. Keeping that production going and those people employed is literally his job. 

This made me like Tom Cruise a bit more actually. He's 100% right here. Some dumb ass crew members not following some simple rules and threatening to put into jeopardy millions of dollars, the movie as whole and the crews jobs, and he's probably not wrong either on even other movies and crews and the industry. I don't doubt that success or failure, that shoot is going to be one of the lead examples on how the industry can get back up and running.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, ort said:

He goes to bed with it each night because if you read further into the situation he is trying to create a model the whole industry can use to film and keep people safe. This is 100% not about him making a buck but making sure everyone can keep working. Maybe if more people were as serious about safety precautions like adult babies in Walmart want to have a fit about wearing a mask we wouldn't be in as bad of a situation as we are.