Post your bad habits and let's shame each other into quiting

Fizzzzle

I smoke cigarettes. At this point, it's not even about the nicotine anymore. I will go a whole day or two without smoking. It's just a matter of routine. I get ready for work, which includes walking to work, then I smoke a cigarette on the way to work. I justify it in that I work a very high stress job, and my mind set coming into work can have a huge impact on my week.

Those are not good reasons to smoke. I know this..

What do you do that you wish you didn't do?

I think my diet is mostly fine, but I don't exercise nearly enough. I've got a nice stationary bike setup. I'll get on 3-4 times a week for a couple weeks and then go a month or more without touching it.

I also drink too much. I rarely get drunk, but some weeks I'll have a drink or two every night, which is probably more than is good for me.

46 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Piss poor diet. I run several times a week and lift 4-5 times a week but my diet is holding me back. 

Same. I jog typically 6 days a week and do some weights. I lost about 15 lbs at first, but it's plateaued there, because my diet isn't the best. 

I've mostly dropped soda, though. More just an occasional indulgence now. 

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've mostly dropped soda, though.

I drink diet but its still terrible for me. Lifting and dropping weight is counter productive unfortunately. I keep telling myself Ill maintance lift once i get my overhead to 250 consistent and cut my food intake but I cant seem to do it.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

I drink diet but its still terrible for me. Lifting and dropping weight is counter productive unfortunately. I keep telling myself Ill maintance lift once i get my overhead to 250 consistent and cut my food intake but I cant seem to do it.

In your situation I'd probably just focus on how my clothes are fitting.

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I also drink too much. I rarely get drunk, but some weeks I'll have a drink or two every night, which is probably more than is good for me.

Dear lord, if you want to feel good about how much you drink, I'm your guy.

I also rarely get "drunk," but I drink at least 7-9 ounces of alcohol a day. And I'm functional. A drink or two is my lunch break.

2 minutes ago, Rachel said:

You say you drink 7-8 ounces a day, that’s 49 to 56 oz a week.

I was drinking between 169 and 202 oz per week. 

So more like quadruple as much. 

I mean 7-8 ounces of pure alcohol. So something like 14 beers or 9 beers and a few shots or whatever. Something in that ballpark.

I share a lot of the ones already posted.

Biting my nails is the worst but I had stopped doing it for the most part, I'd limit it to biting my pinky nails and I'd trim the rest. More recently (over the past year) I started wearing aligners and well you can't bite your nails at all while wearing them so it really hasn't been an issue lately.

People said diet. I don't eat great, I don't eat horrible either. I run in to that Bacon problem where I probably would eat better, make home cooked meals, if someone else was around to cook for. When it's just yourself you don't really have the motivation to cook well. On the other hand as of late I have started eating more Spinach, well more like eating Spinach, and have some for almost every meal. If you buy 1 bunch (or whatever they call it) at the grocery store you get a lot and it lasts you a long time.

I'd say the biggest problem I have now is time management. I feel, even without a job, I'm not doing anything productive and by the end of the day it's time to go to bed and do it again. During this pandemic it's been back and forth, I've gotten some stuff done and then there's a stretch where nothing happens.