The Callisto Protocol - Information Thread, update: Glen Schofield (CEO), CFO, and COO all "voluntarily" depart from Striking Distance Studios

Commissar SFLUFAN

Set on Jupiter’s moon Callisto in the year 2320, The Callisto Protocol is a next-generation take on survival horror. The game challenges players to escape the maximum security Black Iron Prison and uncover its terrifying secrets. A blend of horror, action, and immersive storytelling, the game aims to set a new bar for horror in interactive entertainment.

share.jpg
CALLISTOTHEGAME.COM

A New Story-Driven, Single-Player Survival Horror Game from the Creators of Dead Space. Coming to PC and Consoles

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Callisto Protocol (sci-fi, story-driven survival horror by Dead Space creator Glen Schofield) - Cinematic Reveal Tailer (2022)
10 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

You had me at Dead Space creator. I'm all in - keep us posted about this one! Is Glen Schofield the creative writer/director on the game?

Dead Space 1&2 are some of my favourite Survival Horror games ever! (3 not so much). Im in Day 1!

A Dead Space remaster would be divine!

11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

You had me at Dead Space creator. I'm all in - keep us posted about this one! Is Glen Schofield the creative writer/director on the game?

Yup. I watched it live last night and within seconds I thought 'oh fuck yeah, new Dead Space' and then they took it a step further just in case you didn't know this was Dead Space 4 in all but name, they actually had Glen Schofield on telling you in every legally-possible non-Dead-Space word that this is pretty much a new Dead Space game. 

Hands down the most exciting game reveal in a while. He even clearly doubled-down on the game having to be really scary etc. and I think that was meant to be like 'yeah, more like what Dead Space originally was'. 

Edit: Ah yes yes yes, in that tweet they even call it specifically Survival Horror. 

jizz in my pants GIF

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Callisto Protocol (sci-fi, story-driven survival horror by Dead Space creator Glen Schofield) - "Red Band" Cinematic Reveal Tailer (2022)
  • 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Callisto Protocol (sci-fi, story-driven survival horror by Dead Space creator Glen Schofield) - Information Thread, update: 02 December 2022 release announced
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Callisto Protocol (02 December 2022, PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC) - Information Thread, update: Gameplay Demo and "Schofield Cut" Extended Trailer Reveal
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Callisto Protocol (02 December 2022, PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC) - Information Thread, update: new next (current?) gen console gameplay footage
  • 2 weeks later...