Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Eh, I disagree here pretty strongly. I'm about as big of a Bernie skeptic as there is, but it's clear that the heart attack has not hindered him in any way. Biden's mental health is a constant issue on display.

Uh have you seen the before and after pictures? It's pretty stark... You say nothing of the fact that he lied about it and still lies about releasing records. 

Just now, Massdriver said:

The attitude has been bred by the attitude of Sanders supporters online. Sorry you don't like it. I wonder how you would feel if I called your guy a rat all day.

Which Sanders supporters here do that? Even when I voted Hillary in 2016, I don't remember that.

On the other hand, people try to will Sanders into being a racist or more hilariously, anti-Semitic. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

ROFL stop spending so much time on Reddit Jason

Most Sanders supporters aren’t here. The attitude throughout the internet is extremely hostile towards anyone not Sanders. I have seen it over and over again. That’s where my sarcastic response to mclumber was coming from. Of course I wouldn’t say that about him. He probably understood right away what I meant.  I was impersonating a reddit user from politics sub. 

Just now, sblfilms said:

I’m always surprised when I learn somebody spends regular time on Reddit. What a cesspool.

Reddit is whatever you make of it. There are plenty of communities that you could relate to I’m sure. I don’t spend time in /all for instance, just what I subscribe to. 

Most Sanders supporters aren’t here. The attitude throughout the internet is extremely hostile towards anyone not Sanders. I have seen it over and over again. That’s where my sarcastic response to mclumber was coming from. Of course I wouldn’t say that about him. He probably understood right away what I meant. 

The internet is a terrible place for anyone with an opinion, always has been, always will be,and it is absolutely not limited to Sanders supporters. Anyone peddling the Bernie Bros narrative needs to get out of their bubble, the internet is a nasty place

Reddit is whatever you make of it. There are plenty of communities that you could relate to I’m sure. I don’t spend time in /all for instance, just what I subscribe to. 

Exactly, like Twitter, it's largely self-curating. A lot of my time is spent on subreddits like the local Los Angeles one which is like here in terms of having a community feel (and people actually meeting up in person), an urban planning one, etc.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Weird how Biden's mental health is a five alarm concern but Bernie's fucking heart attack is something we'd be goddamn morons to worry about. The double standards are as astounding as they are obvious. 

Biden was hurt worse by Trump’s impeachment than Trump was. 

Once he’s the nominee, it’s going to be the same song and dance as it was with Hillary. Corruption. And Biden’s going to be on defense the entire time.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The internet is a terrible place for anyone with an opinion, always has been, always will be,and it is absolutely not limited to Sanders supporters. Anyone peddling the Bernie Bros narrative needs to get out of their bubble, the internet is a nasty place

It’s not a false narrative. It’s worse because his supporters have more passion. 

Bernie Bros are indeed dogshit. I've literally seen posts how if he's not the nominee, then they'll sit out on the election, because how dare the Democrats fuck him over again, and they need to be taught a lesson, and the person doesn't care that if it means another four years of Trump. 

As much as I would like Warren to be the nominee (Bernie is my second choice), I fear that if Bernie isn't the nominee, there will be too many pissy babies whining about it, and sitting out on the election, that it eeks out another win for Trump. 

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m always surprised when I learn somebody spends regular time on Reddit. What a cesspool.

Sounds like you don't understand it. Imagine if D1P only had a single forum where all threads show up. That is using Reddit poorly. Now imagine you only go to the Current Events and Entertainment boards. That is using Reddit well.

9 minutes ago, Jose said:

Berniebros are literally fucking everywhere. It's not just a couple of fucking dudes. Most toxic online base of a Dem I have ever seen.

I guess online makes sense. Of people who probably never had the internet, nothing got as toxic as this:

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

I’d rather a toxic base of Bernie Bros to counteract the toxic base of Nazis, Klan members, and rednecks that make up Trump’s base.

Not a bad point! Having these pieces of shit on my side will be nice if he wins. I will support him 100% over Biden if it comes to that. But for now, I will call it out. 

Biden is running on an Obama admin 2.0 platform and for a ton of people in this country that sounds like an amazing thing after 4 years of Trump. Internet echo champers full of people arguing that candidates need to be extreme leftwing politicians is not the norm in this country, I feel people lose sight of this all the time. 

• Like 1