Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

15 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-7891.jpg

Nice, motion blur sucks. The first thing I do upon booting up a PC game for the first time is turn off motion blur (and bloom it it runs on UE3)

Idk what the new control schemes look like but it's a shame they weren't implemented before I got used to the one I'm currently using, will be a long adjustment period.

• True 1

1 minute ago, thedarkstark said:

Nice, motion blur sucks. The first thing I do upon booting up a PC game for the first time is turn off motion blur (and bloom it it runs on UE3)

Idk what the new control schemes look like but it's a shame they weren't implemented before I got used to the one I'm currently using, will be a long adjustment period.

I agree that motion blur sucks and it's bad in ff16. My eyes sometimes get confused at wtf I'm looking at running around. Oddly I booted up my PS5 today for this update and it read 12 hours to dl...

So I'm in bed right now with my PS5 still on dl it. Lame. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I agree that motion blur sucks and it's bad in ff16. My eyes sometimes get confused at wtf I'm looking at running around. Oddly I booted up my PS5 today for this update and it read 12 hours to dl...

So I'm in bed right now with my PS5 still on dl it. Lame. 

12 hours to download the update?????

Husband beat it last night. I think he’s ready for a breather after marathoning this and Zelda. 

He really liked it. I went downstairs the other night when he was playing and saw there’s a gay character. I was pleasantly surprised. 

I’ve still got a ton of Zelda left, but I’d like to prioritize this game this year. 3 months til Japan, maybe I can finish Zelda and get through this before we go. 

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: Update 1.03 released, includes option to disable motion blur (Praise Shiva!)
17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

There isn’t any black characters in the game because of the slavery plot undertone. 

IIRC, the official reason given is that it's because the era is based on medieval Europe and there apparently were no black people in medieval Europe and they wanted to keep it super accurate alongside the giant demons and monsters everywhere.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Deathloop was a pretty big one. :p

More recently than that you played Xenoblade 3 and Taion is a person of color.

True. I honestly forget a lot about Xenoblade 3 but yea, you're correct. Deethloop is another game where I was playing it at a time I wasn't doing well and basically forget about it. 

So I started NG+ in "Final Fantasy" mode. Still not very difficult but it's nice to be getting experience points again. A lot of the encounters have different monsters in them and bosses are a bit more aggressive. It's a nice change of pace.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If slavery is a theme you don't have to make the black person the slave. 🤷‍♀️

But they're going for historically accurate!

And frankly I don't think either excuse would've worked.

The non-black people are the slaves: "FFXVI devs are trying to whitewash historical slavery and underplay racism or something"

Anyone can be a slave: see above

The black people are the slaves "why the fuck are they dealing with historical slavery in a kaiju game" (or the NYT article: "wouldn't it be horrifying if your slaves could turn to stone before they got old")

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Husband beat it last night. I think he’s ready for a breather after marathoning this and Zelda. 

He really liked it. I went downstairs the other night when he was playing and saw there’s a gay character. I was pleasantly surprised. 

I’ve still got a ton of Zelda left, but I’d like to prioritize this game this year. 3 months til Japan, maybe I can finish Zelda and get through this before we go. 

I think there's 2 characters but I could be wrong.. 

4 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I think there's 2 characters but I could be wrong.. 

I just saw a scene toward the end between two guys and a tearful goodbye or something and I got romantic vibes. I didn’t have any context. I asked if they were gay and he said yep. 

I look forward to playing this soon. The darker themes appealed to me from the first trailer and I was waiting to see how it played. But that looks good, too. So I’m pretty excited for it. 

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I just saw a scene toward the end between two guys and a tearful goodbye or something and I got romantic vibes. I didn’t have any context. I asked if they were gay and he said yep. 

I look forward to playing this soon. The darker themes appealed to me from the first trailer and I was waiting to see how it played. But that looks good, too. So I’m pretty excited for it. 

It's an amazing game imo. The best FF since 12. I'm probably 3/4 the way through and there's never been a time I didn't want to see what happens next. It def seems like SE has turned a corner back to being as good as they used to be 

7 hours ago, eventide11 said:

It's an amazing game imo. The best FF since 12. I'm probably 3/4 the way through and there's never been a time I didn't want to see what happens next. It def seems like SE has turned a corner back to being as good as they used to be 

Completely agree. Part 12 I believe came out at a generation split but I do remember really enjoying the combat. Now that it's full on action, it's more my style. This game is probably going to end up in many top 10 once I finally finish it. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Completely agree. Part 12 I believe came out at a generation split but I do remember really enjoying the combat. Now that it's full on action, it's more my style. This game is probably going to end up in many top 10 once I finally finish it. 

It’s going to be in my top 10 for sure. Just for the story and characters alone. 

• True 1

Just finished 

Spoiler

Destroying the second mother crystal. The story had been full of Holy Shit moments already but now you can kinda see how the pieces are being moved around for what o assume will be an even more bat shit crazy second half

My counter reads 22nd hours and 58% completed. 

So far there’s only been one part closer to the beginning of the game where I felt “ugh this is tedious let’s get it moving” once you unlock your 3rd set of powers the combos start to reveal themselves and I can wipe out small mobs much faster so exploring and side quests feel much more fun. 

Absolutely loving this game 

• Halal 1