Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

We spoke to Final Fantasy XVI producer Naoki Yoshida about the game's in-development PC version.

While Yoshida is unable to share when the PC version of FFXVI will be released, he says the team is in the last stages of optimization. 

"In terms of where we are in development currently, we're trying to figure out the final stages of optimization right now," Yoshida tells me through a translator.

"When we can release the PC version might be dependent on that – the system requirements and specifications for PC that players will need, so we're trying to figure that out. Naturally, [the PC specifications] are looking to be somewhat high."

He says players can rest assured, though, that development on the PC version of FFXVI is going smoothly, but, "In terms of when it's going to come out or when we can announce it, I'd like to ask for more time on that." 

Yoshida tells me before FFXVI releases on PC, the team will do its best to announce the best specifications and requirements ahead of time so players can determine if the game will run on their PCs. 

"And to do that, we're looking to release a demo for the PC version as well," he adds. "Again, we can't really talk about too much in terms of details of when it's going to come out – I think in a little bit more time we'll be in a better place to announce things. But one thing's for sure: It won't be too distant in the future; it won't be a year, it won't be two years, it will probably be shorter than that, so stay tuned." 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned
1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I forget what your thoughts were on 16. Like it?

7/10. It was K. Got very boring. Devs forgot they weren't making an MMO. Some bosses are too easy and take too long to kill, which is like the worst combination. Very let down by the ending. Let down by the Odin boss. The Kaiju fights are cool but lack variety. Bad Performance mode. Awful motion blur at launch. Great performances from the actors. I think Ben Starr should have won best VA or whatever it was in TGA. Solid OST. Actually disappointed the game pretty much dropped the Game of Thrones act and became pretty standard FF stuff about half-way thru. The hunt side missions have the best fights. Still no HD towns lol.

tldr is was good, got boring, had some tech issues

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

If it’ll prevent me from seeing anymore of your internet creations we have a deal. 

you know all I did was combine two images, right?

anyway my creations are beloved, such as the true ball react

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

7/10. It was K. Got very boring. Devs forgot they weren't making an MMO. Some bosses are too easy and take too long to kill, which is like the worst combination. Very let down by the ending. Let down by the Odin boss. The Kaiju fights are cool but lack variety. Bad Performance mode. Awful motion blur at launch. Great performances from the actors. I think Ben Starr should have won best VA or whatever it was in TGA. Solid OST. Actually disappointed the game pretty much dropped the Game of Thrones act and became pretty standard FF stuff about half-way thru. The hunt side missions have the best fights. Still no HD towns lol.

tldr is was good, got boring, had some tech issues

I turned motion blur off right when I restarted. Ok, I agree with your thoughts. 

Idk. I'm making great progress in 16 and I still haven't gotten to a place where it goes down hill. I don't recall when it happens but so far this has been an excellent game. I'm playing it over Rebirth that's how much I'm enjoying it. 

That statement sounds more like a winter release than a Summer release, but we will see. I hope it comes out Summer as it would make me feel more confident about early next year for Rebirth. I hope they really beef it up for pc like they did with FF16. Either way looking forward to it and seeing current gen FF without iq/frame rate limits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 12:57 PM, Bacon said:

Ah, I didn't know that. I'd been hoping for a DLC that adds more to the ending but oh well. I don't have much interest DLC that doesn't have an impact on the main story.

Screw that! Im going to Mysidia!

actually I just got there!