Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can see your point, but I still see it as totally different. Bit like a colonist too lol.

On 7/13/2023 at 7:58 PM, Remarkableriots said:
Final-Fantasy-NES.jpg
WWW.DENOFGEEK.COM

Remember when Squaresoft was about to declare bankruptcy, so the company bet it all on the appropriately named Final Fantasy? It turns out that's not exactly what happened.

Fresh Off The Boat Reaction GIF

This isn’t new news. It was originally going to be “Fighting Fantasy”, which is a godawful name, so thankfully it was taken. 

1 hour ago, legend said:

I finished all side quests and about half the hunt board and my PS says that I played for 35 hours. I didn’t skip cutscenes either. 

Nice. I've been doing all side quests too but I'm ignoring the hunt board. 35 hours is a nice number for this type of game. Now, what genre does this fall under?:p

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Nice. I've been doing all side quests too but I'm ignoring the hunt board. 35 hours is a nice number for this type of game. Now, what genre does this fall under?:p

It really feels like a modern action-adventure game to me because many modern action adventure games have more defining "RPG" elements than this does :p That's not necessarily bad, but is what it is!

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Jfc...these visuals are easily the best on consoles and it finally made me say..."hah, next-gen has finally arrived".

It is spectacular!

It’s pretty damn fantastic. Where are you? 

Spoiler

I just escaped on the Enterprise and traveled to The Naldia Narrow

Wonder how close I am to finishing. 

28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s pretty damn fantastic. Where are you? 

Reveal hidden contents

Wonder how close I am to finishing. 

Holy shit. I had to look up where I am and I'm only like halfway through. I'm on chapter 34 and there are 68 chapters. I'm in no rush but this is a bigger game then I initially thought. 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Holy shit. I had to look up where I am and I'm only like halfway through. I'm on chapter 34 and there are 68 chapters. I'm in no rush but this is a bigger game then I initially thought. 

How do U tell which chapter you are on?

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just remembered the chapter I was on today then looked up "how many chapters are in FF16"

It just gives you a list of the 68 chapters. 

I’m level 40. 

Spoiler

The level cap on the first play through is 50

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m level 40. 

Reveal hidden contents

Very nice. I'm impressed you are sticking it out and will beat it. I can see myself playing new game + because it's just a tremendous game that is a joy to control and soak in the incredible visuals.

The characters and story are some of the best in a game. If it had more RPG elements to it with better upgrades that meant something, we would be talking about an all-timer. 

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Very nice. I'm impressed you are sticking it out and will beat it. I can see myself playing new game + because it's just a tremendous game that is a joy to control and soak in the incredible visuals.

The characters and story are some of the best in a game. If it had more RPG elements to it with better upgrades that meant something, we would be talking about an all-timer. 

I’m finishing it for sure but I won’t play it again. The characters and story are a 10/10. Gameplay 9/10. RPG elements 7/10. Overall though I have loved the hell out of it. If they just improve on the rpg stuff the next FF will be a damn masterpiece. 

• Hype 1

On 7/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, Biggie said:

Made really good progress tonight. 
Got my 

Hide contents

pouch maxed out with maximum consumables 

This game is long. Don’t know how some of you finished it in 30ish hours. Must have skipped cut scenes and side quests. 

Skipped neither. But I didn't just run on foot everywhere so there's probably some savings there!