Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

Couldn't sleep so I woke up at 11pm and played this for 3 hours. Still really loving it but it's a much bigger game than I thought. 

I hit a section where it was basically fetch quests to pad the time on the game. I need it to pick up now. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Couldn't sleep so I woke up at 11pm and played this for 3 hours. Still really loving it but it's a much bigger game than I thought. 

I hit a section where it was basically fetch quests to pad the time on the game. I need it to pick up now. 

Not gonna lie. It’s becoming a chore to finish. I’ve been addicted to PGA golf career mode and would much rather play that. 

26 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Not gonna lie. It’s becoming a chore to finish. I’ve been addicted to PGA golf career mode and would much rather play that. 

Well the story just doesn't seem to want to move a long. I'll definitely beat it but it's kinda losing it's luster. 

• True 1

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well the story just doesn't seem to want to move a long. I'll definitely beat it but it's kinda losing it's luster. 

The problem is it’s to predictable. Follow a path. 

Spoiler

Destroy a crystal. Fight a Eikon boss. Get Eikons boss powers. Side quests open up. Rinse and repeat five times. 

• True 2

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Okay, I swear all I’m doing is hitting the square button and occasionally hitting R1 to dodge. It’s repetitive.

Yep, it's repetitive and once you get all the Eikon abilities the combat is a literal joke. There is no challenge and it's disappointing because the characters and story are very good. 

46 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yep, it's repetitive and once you get all the Eikon abilities the combat is a literal joke. There is no challenge and it's disappointing because the characters and story are very good. 

Should have downloaded Ratchet & Clank instead. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I am playing it along side 16 but I got this far I'm going to beat it. 

I’m playing PGA Tour I absolutely love it. Also gonna start Miles Morales. I’ve had it downloaded forever but never started it. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I’m playing PGA Tour I absolutely love it. Also gonna start Miles Morales. I’ve had it downloaded forever but never started it. 

I took the day off today and my dad was downstairs where I game. So I fired up PGA and he and I played 9 holes on Augusta and he was extremely impressed! Last game he saw was Tiger on PS2 so he was blown away. He was an avid golfer in his younger days and knows everything about golf. So he knew exactly what club I should be using and where to hit the ball etc. He said it looks real lol. He wants to play more this evening.

Also, yes, play Morales because not only is it an incredible game its not very long either which is great imo. It's like 10 hours tops but absolutely play it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I'm going to take a break from FF16 and focus on Ratchet. It's just a much more enjoyable game with a better positive vibe going for it. 

Man you guys go from "this is the greatest game of all time how is this not your favorite Xbob" to "man I'ma play this launch PS5 platformer cause it's more fun" in just a couple months!

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Man you guys go from "this is the greatest game of all time how is this not your favorite Xbob" to "man I'ma play this launch PS5 platformer cause it's more fun" in just a couple months!

FF 16 started out terrific. I now hit a spot where it's just getting repetitive and depressing. Your impressions as well as @legend and @Mr.Vic20 were spot on but you advanced much quicker than we did. It's still a good game but it lost a few points on my scale after these last hours. I'll finish it but all you of guys made great points.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

FF 16 started out terrific. I now hit a spot where it's just getting repetitive and depressing. Your impressions as well as @legend and @Mr.Vic20 were spot on but you advanced much quicker than we did. It's still a good game but it lost a few points on my scale after these last hours. I'll finish it but all you of guys made great points.

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Feeling pretty easy to wait a year to play this now!

Yea, play it on your amazing rig and enjoy the eye candy, performance, and better resolution. Don't get me worg. It's a good game that I recommend playing but it starts out tremendously but starts to lose its momentum.

I stopped playing this all together and chose Ratchet and Clank to play. 

FF16 starts out amazing but at the point I'm at now it's becoming a chore with a repetitive gameloop. I am disappointed because I truly loved it a few hours in. 

I'll go back to beat it after I finish Ratchet but @Xbob42 @Mr.Vic20 @legendwere dead on with their assessments on this game. It's "good" but not nearly great enough to be considered a must play.

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

22 hours ago, best3444 said:

I stopped playing this all together and chose Ratchet and Clank to play. 

FF16 starts out amazing but at the point I'm at now it's becoming a chore with a repetitive gameloop. I am disappointed because I truly loved it a few hours in. 

I'll go back to beat it after I finish Ratchet but @Xbob42 @Mr.Vic20 @legendwere dead on with their assessments on this game. It's "good" but not nearly great enough to be considered a must play.

Ratchet & Clank > FF XVI

• True 1

32 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Mad I'm not listed there 3x.webp

Also, you won't beat it. You'll restart it but never finish it.

:dab2:

I forgot to mention you because you had great critiques and were really accurate on your impressions. And no, I will absolutely not start it over. I'll just continue where I am and beat it. My bad for not mentioning you my dude.