Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

49 minutes ago, Slug said:

Hunt board clear!

Only one thing left to do before I tackle what I presume is the last mission in the game.

Hope you're wearing your cutscene diaper because you've got like several movies to watch!

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Hope you're wearing your cutscene diaper because you've got like several movies to watch!

I gave up for the night. but if the last sequence was any indication then yeah it's gonna be long.

hopefully it doesn't take me long to find the last display item so I can start that final mission and settle in.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

hopefully it doesn't take me long to find the last display item so I can start that final mission and settle in.

Have you talked to

Spoiler

Tarja? She has one if you did her related side quest but for some reason, it doesn't give it to you until you talk to her after the quest is over.

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Have you talked to

Hide contents

Tarja? She has one if you did her related side quest but for some reason, it doesn't give it to you until you talk to her after the quest is over.

Yeah I have hers. There's a few like that where you get the item as a thank you for talking to them after the quest is done. I have one empty slot left on my memory wall area and I've already completed every available side quest but I can't for the life of me noodle out who would have the item.

I just don't get the hate about this game on here. It's simply a joy to play and so well done. I went to YouTube to check out reviews and 99% of them say it's absolutely excellent. One review, gaming bolt I believe, gave it a 10 and said its one of the greatest games ever made. Those in here complaining and didn't enjoy it are severely in the minority. 

I just made great progress already today knocking out all side quests and progressing the story. Just awesome shit.

• True 1

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just don't get the hate about this game on here. It's simply a joy to play and so well done. I went to YouTube to check out reviews and 99% of them say it's absolutely excellent. One review, gaming bolt I believe, gave it a 10 and said its one of the greatest games ever made. Those in here complaining and didn't enjoy it are severely in the minority. 

I just made great progress already today knocking out all side quests and progressing the story. Just awesome shit.

It’s fantastic I agree. 9.5 for me personally. 

46 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It is an excellent game BUT compared to other Final Fantasys it's easy to see how people wouldnt love it or even like it. You really only play one role in the game and that's Clive so it's tough to call it a true RPG. Plus It's missing a ton of RPG elements that FF fans probably want in the series but that doesn't make it a bad game. And the FF series has had dud after dud after dud lately and if this is what it takes to get the series back on track then I'm all for it. 

That said FF7 Remake wasn't all that bad.

Now hear me out... It kinda felt to me like it took the buffet that was FF7 PSX and made you focus more on the foods they want you to eat rather than letting you have a variety and picking whatever the hell you wanted.

It was Diet Final Fantasy I guess 

I don't really care about it being a true FF or not. As I have played the majority of FFs at this point, I can say that FF is pretty mediocre overall. For me, SoP FFO is the second-best FF game I have played. I was hoping 16, with it being different and all, would be the stand-out game of the series, but it really isn't. At least not for me. FF12 is probably the most fun I have had with combat once I messed with the Gambits.

FF16 kinda just blends in with the rest of modern AAA releases for me. I feel like if I gave 15 an honest shot I'd end up saying it was pretty equal to 16.

43 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

It is an excellent game BUT compared to other Final Fantasys it's easy to see how people wouldnt love it or even like it. You really only play one role in the game and that's Clive so it's tough to call it a true RPG. Plus It's missing a ton of RPG elements that FF fans probably want in the series but that doesn't make it a bad game. And the FF series has had dud after dud after dud lately and if this is what it takes to get the series back on track then I'm all for it. 

That said FF7 Remake wasn't all that bad.

Now hear me out... It kinda felt to me like it took the buffet that was FF7 PSX and made you focus more on the foods they want you to eat rather than letting you have a variety and picking whatever the hell you wanted.

It was Diet Final Fantasy I guess 

Yea, I get your points. I have FF remake ready for me to play so it will be interesting to see how I feel about it after beating 16.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Not sure there's much if any hate in this thread? Most everyone seems to be enjoying it, the variable is just how much.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Nope. I only played 10, 11, and 14 in the series. So I'll be interested in what I think of the remake after 16. I hear great things. 

I wouldn't play the PSX version first imo. They aren't anything alike other than names of characters and places 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I mean, the two reviews I listened to while on my nightly walk yesterday seemed to line up pretty much word-for-word with what I think, except they both enjoy spectacle more than I do so they liked that part more.

Second video absolutely has spoilers.

Anyway, I've watched the first guy play FFXIV on occasion so I'm familiar with him, bottom guy I like watching Dead by Daylight content of all things (he also does From Software stuff) and neither is really the type to normally review a game. I think they're worth a listen if you want to understand opinions besides "I need everyone to love this game to justify my love of it" which is a silly stance.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

I mean, the two reviews I listened to while on my nightly walk yesterday seemed to line up pretty much word-for-word with what I think, except they both enjoy spectacle more than I do so they liked that part more.

Second video absolutely has spoilers.

Anyway, I've watched the first guy play FFXIV on occasion so I'm familiar with him, bottom guy I like watching Dead by Daylight content of all things (he also does From Software stuff) and neither is really the type to normally review a game. I think they're worth a listen if you want to understand opinions besides "I need everyone to love this game to justify my love of it" which is a silly stance.

I'll check them out once I beat it. Also, I'm not trying to justify anything? I love it and you didn't enjoy it. I am understanding why the more I play why you didn't think it was so great because it litteraly isn't an RPG. The game is very easy too and I know you enjoy a good challenge in games. I always enjoy your impressions because you really go in depth and are very fair and intelligent. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll check them out once I beat it. Also, I'm not trying to justify anything? I love it and you didn't enjoy it. I am understanding why the more I play why you didn't think it was so great because it litteraly isn't an RPG. The game is very easy too and I know you enjoy a good challenge in games. I always enjoy your impressions because you really go in depth and are very fair and intelligent. 

Well when you continually try to downplay any dissenting opinions as "in the severe minority" or "everyone disagrees with you" it comes across a lot like "and therefore your opinion matters less," which is completely unnecessary to even imply. If I was at a Dave Matthews Band concert (because I was kidnapped or something?) my opinion that Dave Matthews Band sucks ass would be in the severe minority, but everyone there telling me how deep Gravedigger is would not make me like the band even one iota more! We'd all just have to agree to disagree and they'd have to agree that Dave Matthews Band sucks.