Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Spoiler below 

Hide contents

Clive finally had the balls to have sex with Jill in the last scene I played today. Took long enough 😴 

Yeah I was past that  Not even him 

Spoiler

Banging Jill like the slut she is could keep me playing 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm actually looking forward to my play time today with this. Yesterday was epic so let's hope it continues that way to the end. 

Doubtful 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Nope. Today I was bored again. It just needs to end. 

:|

Told ya

:jordan:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea this game is something else. :lol:

I think it’s the lack of any good loot. I mean I don’t think I found one thing that wasn’t Gil or crafting materials. Nothing that was awesome that made you go WOW! And every vendor has shit that is always worse than the equipment you are using. It was horribly done. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I think it’s the lack of any good loot. I mean I don’t think I found one thing that wasn’t Gil or crafting materials. Nothing that was awesome that made you go WOW! And every vendor has shit that is always worse than the equipment you are using. It was horribly done. 

Yea, the loot, leveling, and weapons are so fuckin lame. Ragnarok completely destroys this in that regard and FF16 is supposed to be an RPG. Also, the combat really is boring. I do like the characters though and will see it through. But I'd give this a 7.5 honestly because it's so mediocre in almost every category except story and characters. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

And that mother fucking depressed blacksmith called Blackthorne. I mean how many damn side quest did I have to do to cheer his ass up. 

Fuck side quests. They are littered all over the fucking place and the ones I did were a complete joke. The blacksmith and even the old lady selling weapons and gear are miserable pos. 

41 minutes ago, best3444 said:

4 chapters to go!

I just 

Reveal hidden contents

The problem with boss fights is there there is no penalty for just waiting. It's not hard to dodge telegraphed line attacks when you don't have to worry about uptime. FFXIV is all about uptime so the fact the XVI uses so many XIV mechanics but doesn't require you to have uptime ruins a lot of fights.

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The problem with boss fights is there there is no penalty for just waiting. It's not hard to dodge telegraphed line attacks when you don't have to worry about uptime. FFXIV is all about uptime so the fact the XVI uses so many XIV mechanics but doesn't require you to have uptime ruins a lot of fights.

I was tempted to start up Strangers of Paradise today but I really want to beat FF16 before doing that. Is the combat better in that?

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jfc. 

Hide contents

I'm at the very end but ultima is doing so weird attack where it instantly kills me? What the fuck. I quit for the day but hopefully I can figure that shit out tomorrow. Kinda surprised Joshua died unless...he didn't. 

Have you tried rapidly tapping R1? I found that cleared the whole game for me! :p

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jfc. 

Hide contents

I'm at the very end but ultima is doing so weird attack where it instantly kills me? What the fuck. I quit for the day but hopefully I can figure that shit out tomorrow. Kinda surprised Joshua died unless...he didn't. 

Game sux

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol. No promt came up to hit any button. Ultima just mutters something then throws an attack that instantly kills me. 

I wonder if you are staying too close to the gravity well thingy. It one shots you if you are too close.

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Finally beat it. The ending was disappointing but overall I'm going to give this game an 8/10. First half was fucking awesome then it slowly fell apart from there. I'm glad I beat it but also happy to move on. 

XVI is a game people won't remember. It was fine enough, but there is little reason to remember it.