Official True Patriotic American Convention Thread

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

do love when black Republicans pretty much tell 90% of black Americans that they're crazy.

Most white Americans like to tell minorities that they are crazy.

This is the progressive method:

"Tell me your experience, I want to learn."

"Well I agree with that part but not these parts."

Thanks for curating the accuracy of my life to your comfort. 

25 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Some are shocked, but it's not really shocking to me?

Maybe the rest of the week plays out differently, but in 2015/2016, people thought it was fun to see what Trump was going to say and what crazy drama and Ted Cruz "conscience" speeches (to which he capitulated anyway) were going to happen. Anyone remember the Onion article "Admit It: You People Want To See How Far This Goes, Don’t You?"

The thing is, I’ve got all of you eating out of my hand and I haven’t even released a single campaign commercial yet. Don’t look me in the eye and tell me you don’t want to stick around and see what that looks like, because you and I both know these ads are going to be absolutely incredible. I’ll be standing there projecting my best presidential air, saying “I’m Donald Trump, and I approve this message,” and you won’t be able to take your eyes off it.

Now, just imagine me shaking hands with senior citizens at a nursing home in Iowa. Wouldn’t you love to watch that? Or hear what comes out of my mouth when I speak to blue-collar workers at a struggling auto factory?

You say that doesn’t interest you? Oh, right, because you’re dying to see how Scott Walker behaves in those situations, right? Give me a break.

You keep obsessing over every little thing I do and say

Jason still does the latter by posting a billion of his tweets. :p 

But how many people couldn't wait to see him go from attacking Jeb to attacking Cruz or Rubio? And how he'd react in his first debate against Hillary?

Now it's just.... he always sounds as if he's out of breath, he's full of shit, and he's not shocking. What he does should be shocking, but it's not, and there's no drama at this convention, so why waste time listening to them blow each other by pretending to love the country while hating more than half its citizens?

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Looks pretty fucking batshit from where I'm standing.

Contrasting the two conventions, it's just insanity. The GOP is really breaking it down to appeal to the crazies and fearful white, religious people.

You got that from watching the Navajo tribe leader?  Or the black man that was just pardoned?  

Just now, mclumber1 said:

You got that from watching the Navajo tribe leader?  Or the black man that was just pardoned?  

I'm not watching, I'm just seeing their main speakers. Melanie, two Trump kids, Pompeo, with a host of crazies, like the woman who said her black son is more likely to commit violent crime than her white children and women shouldn't get a vote.

One or two tokens doesn't override the theme of this convention. Just like last night when Tim Scott and Nikki Haley were the tokens.