How spicy do you like it?

Remarkableriots

I like enough spice that I still can taste the flavor of the food. If all you taste is the hotness of the pepper / spice then I don't like it much.

For instance there's this Mexican restaurant that has something called the "shrimp diablo burrito" but it's so spicy you can't really taste the shrimp (i mean it's shrimp and rice so really all you could really taste is the hot stuff I suppose) but like the chipotle chicken burrito I thought was good, spicy, but not too spicy and you could taste the chicken.

I guess that means maybe a 6~7/10?

• Like 1

I had a lamb phall in London was able to finish it.

13 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Put me in the "I like a bit of heat but still like to be able to taste the food and not cry/shit fire" camp. :p 

Rub salt on your tongue if you find you've gone overboard with the heat.

• Thanks 1

No way. Never in a million years will I do a food challenge. I also refuse to eat more than 2 "instant" ramen things a week cuz I don't want get sick of them. I used to eat these other noodles but one time I ate 3 packs in a week and then I never ate them again. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Like, I’ve gotten to where I like putting red pepper flakes in my spaghetti sauce, but I often end up paying for it later. 

Sucks, man. 

I went bananas with spicy food in a trip to Mexico 3 years ago and I have had horrible GERD since.

Btw, Dexilant is by far the best PPI, but it's prohibitively expensive, so I take generic Nexium.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

I went bananas with spicy food in a trip to Mexico 3 years ago and I have had horrible GERD since.

Btw, Dexilant is by far the best PPI, but it's prohibitively expensive, so I take generic Nexium.

Pantoprazole all the way. I have to take a stronger dose than OTC, so it gets too expensive. 90 days of pantoprazole from t he employee pharmacy costs me something like $9. I take two prescriptions, that and atorvastatin and my total comes to like $19 and change.

I've dealt with GERD since I was 16.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Pantoprazole all the way. I have to take a stronger dose than OTC, so it gets too expensive. 90 days of pantoprazole from t he employee pharmacy costs me something like $9. I take two prescriptions, that and atorvastatin and my total comes to like $19 and change.

I've dealt with GERD since I was 16.

I find pantoprazole does not work that great for me, but if it did, I definitely would prefer to take it considering that price. I'm hoping Dexilant becomes generic soon, as that has the least side effects and you can even take it with food.

That sucks that you've dealt with GERD for so long. I've had it for 3 years only and it's pretty upsetting to not be able to eat what you want anymore.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It sucks, but it could be worse. I'm just glad my only health problems are easy to manage and not particularly life threatening.

Yeah, I'm a big baby. I've had a very hard time adjusting, but you're right. It could be way worse.