Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I think my playtime speaks for itself. RE4 notwithstanding since I put most of my time with that on the Gamecube/PS2 version:

ac19jN7.png

You're married with children. How in the hell do you find the time to game as much as you do? I'm single and don't have much responsibility and I haven’t even beaten Village yet. You have 94 hours in!!!

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're married with children. How in the hell do you find the time to game as much as you do? I'm single and don't have much responsibility and I haven’t even beaten Village yet. You have 94 hours in!!!

Obviously he is a bad father and husband 🤣

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Biggie gets it.

• Haha 2

Yeah, been missing out on a few hours of sleep per night, plus kid's back to real school. And at this point the game's paused half the time I'm playing it anyway because my kid looooves attention. Still getting a ton of actual playtime in though. Been kind of nice, as I haven't been able to game very much in the last several months.

16 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Here's some screenshots of said adventure. We nearly fucking died from laughter.

Obviously super explicit, NSFW video game cocks, you've been warned!

Hide contents

LAST WARNING, NOT JOKING

Hide contents

y6vcxM0.jpg

smTAAjB.jpg

y6vcxM0.jpg

That’s way too much build up for those shots, only one dick and it’s mostly covered by his arm. Also one of the pictures is repeated so there are only two pictures and like an inch or two of dick. Weak.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s way too much build up for those shots, only one dick and it’s mostly covered by his arm. Also one of the pictures is repeated so there are only two pictures and like an inch or two of dick. Weak.

Well I didn't want to post TOO much dick here. I mean, I have plenty to choose from!

Spoiler

VmVpcYh.jpg

4FqitdN.png

mF0wXbq.jpg

11th place in the rankings for Village of Shadows clear time, not bad for my first attempted speed run! Got hit a few times and didn't have the route quite as memorized as I'd hoped, but still happy about it. Maybe I'll try again in a few days, need a break from blasting werewolves. 

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I hate that I have to work three in a row. Gives me no time for the game, so I have to wait til Friday. 

I got done with the castle last night, ready to move on to the next area. 

RE8 seemed bigger than the previous games to me. I nearly thought half the game was going to happen in the castle until I was 

Spoiler

done killing the second daughter who was attacking me and realized the castle serves as one area specifically for Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters. I thought that was pretty cool. The village was a hub area of sorts, showing you all the ways you could be blocked off from progress, so whenever I found something in the castle that I recognized in the village, I was excited to go back.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, SaysWho? said:

This is a really creepy part of the game. :lol: 

I'm just streaming it and wish someone were here because this whole place is cursed.

ummm I think I’m this part. I had to turn it off, it was freaking me out too much haha

• Haha 1

Doesn't deal with the last two bosses, so if you've fought a big boy in a cave you're good to watch it.

Fun video, gave me a ton of info on some strats I could use. Maybe I'll become a professional RE8 speedrunner and make less than minimum wage streaming to Twitch for 15 hours a day!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Hide contents

Yeah I got to the well and was like “ok I’m done for tonight 😂” I hate ghost stories so this part is freaking me out haha

Spoiler

It's the scariest part of the game up to that point. It's a legitimately cool area, though! Props for being so damned fucking creepy, but you'll get through it.

Beat the game last night and really enjoyed it throughout.  I think it might be the strongest RE game front to back, I really enjoyed each distinct area and the pacing was excellent all the way through.  Even the heavy action segments toward the end I thought were done very well and were fun. 

Trying to decide if I should start a new game+ on hardcore, or just start from scratch on hardcore for a more difficult and tense experience.  Normal was indeed too easy, even though a couple of the fights were definitely on the tougher side.  Still, I don't want to lose my upgrades and there are a ton of weapons that you can unlock late in the game as well as after you've beaten it. 

1 hour ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Beat the game last night and really enjoyed it throughout.  I think it might be the strongest RE game front to back, I really enjoyed each distinct area and the pacing was excellent all the way through.  Even the heavy action segments toward the end I thought were done very well and were fun. 

Trying to decide if I should start a new game+ on hardcore, or just start from scratch on hardcore for a more difficult and tense experience.  Normal was indeed too easy, even though a couple of the fights were definitely on the tougher side.  Still, I don't want to lose my upgrades and there are a ton of weapons that you can unlock late in the game as well as after you've beaten it. 

Jump to Mass Effect!