Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

54 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am playing on normal and this seems to be the most generous RE game I have played. Plenty of ammo and medicine. Really digging the setting way more than RE7. 

It's generous on ammo for sure. Even when I thought I was fucked in a "scenario" that I won't spoil obviously ammo was provided. Which is great to me because I'm moving at a great pace in the game without frustration. 

I ran into one small issue early on but that's because I was being stupid.

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Ok yeah that first boss fight was pretty cool. I do kinda feel bad bummed though because I did really like the castle, it’s boss and everything that happened there. I’m sad I’m done with it haha

I felt the same way. Might want to put that as a spoiler though. The game kicks ass after that section so don't worry. 

I actually never really played RE4, not beyond the first hour or so, I’ve started it in a few systems (emulated gc, wii, pc) but long after initial release and just never followed through with it. 

If the RE4 comparisons to this game are legit then I’m super pumped for RE4 VR!

• Guillotine 1

44 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually never really played RE4, not beyond the first hour or so, I’ve started it in a few systems (emulated gc, wii, pc) but long after initial release and just never followed through with it. 

If the RE4 comparisons to this game are legit then I’m super pumped for RE4 VR!

Wow. I'm not sure how it has aged but at the time it was so fucking good. I beat it originally on GameCube then again on the Wii using the wiimote. That actually made the game easier because the controls were awesome on the Wii. I'd be interested in your impressions on it in VR. 

Village is great so far but I can't say yet if it's better than 4 or not.

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wow. I'm not sure how it has aged but at the time it was so fucking good. I beat it originally on GameCube then again on the Wii using the wiimote. That actually made the game easier because the controls were awesome on the Wii. I'd be interested in your impressions on it in VR. 

Village is great so far but I can't say yet if it's better than 4 or not.

Really enjoying Village a lot. Didn’t realize how much I wanted to play a non open world AAA game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Really enjoying Village a lot. Didn’t realize how much I wanted to play a non open world AAA game.

I'm glad you gave it a shot. I know you were skeptical from the stupid demos they shouldn't have released. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and really look forward to playing Monday. I took off Monday so I'm going to binge lol.

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Not so sure about that. Playing it in vr on the quest 2 could be fucking amazing.

Has there been any game that was not designed for VR where they tack it on later and turn out good?  Add the fact it’s a third person game 

No GIF

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm glad you gave it a shot. I know you were skeptical from the stupid demos they shouldn't have released. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and really look forward to playing Monday. I took off Monday so I'm going to binge lol.

I almost want to play the demo again to understand better why it was such a bad taste of what the game is.

19 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Has there been any game that was not designed for VR where they tack it on later and turn out good?  Add the fact it’s a third person game 

No GIF

RE7 likely wasn’t designed around vr and that turned out fine, they have experience with this. Also I don’t believe it’s third person.

6 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

They've redesigned the game to work in VR and it's in first person.

Watch the video, it's going to be good

Just finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it and all the things you could find. I just looked up how to unlock the Beneviento treasure, as that was the only one I didn't get.

Spoiler

I feel dumb having missed that because I did check the graveyard and headstones for that missing slab, but I didn't do a thorough enough check of everything. I could have gotten it shortly after stumbling upon the location, but alas, it wasn't to be. :( 

Still, I'm happy to see I found plenty of secret places and areas and optional stuff, so I'll have to do a second run some time!

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Just finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it and all the things you could find. I just looked up how to unlock the Beneviento treasure, as that was the only one I didn't get.

Reveal hidden contents

Still, I'm happy to see I found plenty of secret places and areas and optional stuff, so I'll have to do a second run some time!

Where would you rank it to the other RE games you played?

11 hours ago, best3444 said:

Where would you rank it to the other RE games you played?

I really don't know. It's been a while since I played RE7 and REmake (though I never was able to finish that one). And I never played RE7 in VR, though it's been something I've wanted to do and been scared to do.

I guess I'd have to let it settle for a bit. I don't see why anyone who liked RE2make, RE3make, or RE7 wouldn't like this as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I really don't know. It's been a while since I played RE7 and REmake (though I never was able to finish that one). And I never played RE7 in VR, though it's been something I've wanted to do and been scared to do.

I guess I'd have to let it settle for a bit. I don't see why anyone who liked RE2make, RE3make, or RE7 wouldn't like this as well.

I've played them all and even RE7 in VR (scary as shit) but so far RE4 is still my favorite. I'm roughly 7 hours into 8 so I can't even rate it just yet. All I can say is I've really enjoyed what I've played so far. I'm off today but only just woke up. I don't feel particularly great but I just got done camping with a bunch of shit thrown into my system including several cigars lol. 

Played 4 hours straight today. Some parts were creepy I'll admit. The game is extremely easy on normal which I've already mentioned but I'm loving the pace. 

It reads I'm 10 hours in and that's just way off. I'm at least 12 hours into it imo but I feel like I don't have too much further to go. 

Overall, I still prefer RE4 over this but this is a great game. Not a classic but very good. It really does mix in the creepiness of RE7 and the combat/upgrading RE4 had. 

I'll probably beat it with two or three more play throughs. BTW, @stepee I tried the 1080p 60fps option and I honestly didn't notice any performance upgrade. All I noticed was the visuals were blurry with the no improvement in fps. It was strange so I changed back to visual mode and boy does that make things look charper.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I tried the 1080p 60fps option and I honestly didn't notice any performance upgrade. All I noticed was the visuals were blurry with the no improvement in fps. It was strange so I changed back to performance mode and boy does that make things look charper.

Isn't 1080p 60 considered the performance mode?

25 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Isn't 1080p 60 considered the performance mode?

I meant visual mode or whatever it's called to make the the graphics at a higher resolution. You're correct, performance mode is 60fps/1080p. Not sure what the resolution is for the visual performance mode.