Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" TGS trailer

SaysWho?

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

RE 4 really is an action game. There's not much scary there. Village has scary shit?

So I find 9 footer scary and any big enemy like Mr X scary. But there’s one area that was seriously creeping me out that you’re not on.

This is a non spoiler section when I encountered it

6 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I don’t think a lot of people die in that section, it’s pretty clearly laid out to avoid getting caught.  I think that’s it’s best trick actually, having to redo that level removes all the tension.

yeah I agree with all of that… and it removed a whole lot of the tension for me because I had a pretty good idea about what was going to happen and how to get pass it before it even started. I dunno… this game is fine but not a GOTY candidate for me at all. I’m just playing it to be done with it to be honest. After this one and 7, I’m pretty sure I’m not a fan of 1st person Resident Evil. I’ve enjoyed the remakes more than these. 

There’s a VR mod out now (and for all RE Engine games) though the RE8 implementation is in a more early state:

v1.1
GITHUB.COM

RE7 and RE8 VR are in an early state! For more information read here Adds A fleshed out scripting system using Lua (check the wiki!) Generic 6DOF VR support to RE7, RE2, RE3, RE8, DMC5, and...

Who dares to go through the baby scene with this.

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm about ready to tap out. Stuck on a boring boss fight and I just want the game to be over. Probably gonna just stop and start something else.

That's surprising but hey, do you. If it wasn't for you then move on. I personally thought it was excellent with a terrific ending.

• 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage (07 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: PSVR2 version announced
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Winters' Expansion" DLC (Shadow Of Rose campaign, 3rd person mode) announced for 28 October 2022 release
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil VIIIage - Information Thread, update: "Gold Edition - Mercenaries" Trailer
  • 1 month later...