Solo 2.... if it were to happen

I saw some people on the internet trying to get a solo 2 rally off the ground, which I don’t think will happen. BUT IF IT DID..... what would be the best route?

I think “blockbuster movie” would be too risky for Disney even if it has a normal production. So now we’re either looking at smaller budget movie or a Disney plus series. Which would be better? I think I would rather have a smaller budget movie. I rewatched Solo not that long ago and it was enjoyable. But 6-8 episodes? Idk. Could be done with the right team. 

then what would the plot even be about for a sequel to a movie we didn’t even really want lol. I guess you continue the storyline with Qira which would mean darth maul would likely be in it, which would get people hyped. But him and Han would never cross paths so you’re kind of limited on his usage. 

just wondering over here. Bored as hell. Give us fallen order story DLC. 

I'd prefer it never be made. I was always against Solo the film as well until Lord and Miller were hired to write and direct, and then went back to not even wanting the film after they left the project and Ron Howard replaced them. I saw the film for a second time recently and it was still pretty mediocre. It starts out strong but quickly devolves into too much questing, moving around, and action with too many characters we never really get to know rather than character development scenes. It just moves too fast, like TFA and TROS. 

9 hours ago, Bacon said:

I want Ice Road Truckers in space with Han n Chewie. 

That... is not a bad idea :hmm:

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I'd rather have Lando. Give us the story they were setting up with Qi'ra and Maul as well, and have Han make a brief appearance, but I think I'd rather see Donald Glover smoothing his way through the galaxy.

Could also show how he met Lobot and how he eventually got Cloud City. 

I've never seen it but from what I understand it was a lot of "hey remember when we did this / referenced this in the movies? Well this is how it happened!"

Maybe instead just make like a regular movie where he's young and doing some bounty hunter shit with no ties to other movies other than the character.

8 hours ago, number305 said:

I just don't get why. Any story they tell is going to be greatly constrained by existing cannon. Just break out and tell new stories. 

Clone Wars, Rebels, and the current run of Star Wars comics are all constrained by the current canon, and they range from pretty good to awesome... I don’t think this is an actual issue.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've never seen it but from what I understand it was a lot of "hey remember when we did this / referenced this in the movies? Well this is how it happened!"

Maybe instead just make like a regular movie where he's young and doing some bounty hunter shit with no ties to other movies other than the character.

there’s some because of course you had to have some in a prequel. But that’s not what the entire movie is, it’s not even a majority of it. Rogue One does WAY more connecting to the OT than Solo does.  But of course the internet made up its mind before the movie came out so a good chunk of them would rather continue to live with their head up their ass instead of admit that they were wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

But we have so many questions that need answers... like, why doesn't he like to be told the odds? How did he learn to stick his ship to the back of Star Destroyers... and where did he get his pants?

I won't be happy until we have convoluted explanations for every single Han Solo detail we see in the OT.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Solo isn't a bounty hunter. 

14 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Clone Wars, Rebels, and the current run of Star Wars comics are all constrained by the current canon, and they range from pretty good to awesome... I don’t think this is an actual issue.

Maybe some of those are good... But why constrain the story. The existing movies cover maybe 80 years? Break out of that small time frame and tell us something new. 

11 hours ago, ort said:

But we have so many questions that need answers... like, why doesn't he like to be told the odds? How did he learn to stick his ship to the back of Star Destroyers... and where did he get his pants?

I won't be happy until we have convoluted explanations for every single Han Solo detail we see in the OT.

I mean... it worked for Rogue one :whistlin: