What are you playing today?

Jedi Survivor. It's MUCH better than I remembered. I can see why @skillzdadirecta gave this his GOTY.

It is similar to a souls like but much more user friendly with difficulty settings. The combat is fuckin phenomenal and so is the game world. I'm playing on normal difficulty and it's been a perfect challenge for me. I'm not the biggest Star Wars guy but this is so good. 

@Biggie I have no idea how you can say this game is "ass". 

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jedi Survivor. It's MUCH better than I remembered. I can see why @skillzdadirecta gave this his GOTY.

It is similar to a souls like but much more user friendly with difficulty settings. The combat is fuckin phenomenal and so is the game world. I'm playing on normal difficulty and it's been a perfect challenge for me. I'm not the biggest Star Wars guy but this is so good. 

It WAS my GOTY until Spiderman2. I'm only considering games I actually finished though.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Hold on. Let me check again. 

Nope

Smart Ass Butthead GIF

Besides my current rotation I got a bug to get a little psp collection going on my deck and played some good shit like Outrun 2, Burnout Legends, Sega Rally Revo, Virtua Tennis World Tour, etc. Gonna have to see how good Locoroco looks on that deck oled of course.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Besides my current rotation I got a bug to get a little psp collection going on my deck and played some good shit like Outrun 2, Burnout Legends, Sega Rally Revo, Virtua Tennis World Tour, etc. Gonna have to see how good Locoroco looks on that deck oled of course.

We need a new Burnout again. Give me unbranded cars, get tracks, crash mode…

• True 1

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

Man I played the hell outta Virtua Tennis World back in the day. Good stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

What didn't you like about it? 

Main character. Was less interesting than Fallen Order (which I finished completely) Felt like more of the same but not nearly as good as the first one. Graphics were kinda meh. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Main character. Was less interesting than Fallen Order (which I finished completely) Felt like more of the same but not nearly as good as the first one. Graphics were kinda meh. 

I started off in performance mode and thought, visuals look nice. Then I decided to check out fidelity mode and it's absolutely night and day visually. It has incredible graphics and you know me with visuals. I don't remember much about the story so you could be correct on that. 

53 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

We need a new Burnout again. Give me unbranded cars, get tracks, crash mode…

I fucking loved Burnout Paradise as it was a predecessor to Horizon before that was a thing and got really rolling with Horizon 3. I didn’t mind the change at the time but I had thought that the original style would come back and we would maybe just get both. I didn’t think it would vanish forever as it has. :(

Now I would love a new proper Burnout like 3 or Takeover more than anything.

34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Man I played the hell outta Virtua Tennis World back in the day. Good stuff

It’s so damn good but the vita Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour is the best of all the Virtua Tennis games imo. I gotta add getting vita emulation running on deck to my to-do list alongside Model 2/3 Sega Arcade. It’s been 12 years since VT4 :( Cmon Sega!!!

Just now, stepee said:

I fucking loved Burnout Paradise as it was a predecessor to Horizon before that was a thing and got really rolling with Horizon 3. I didn’t mind the change at the time but I had thought that the original style would come back and we would maybe just get both. I didn’t think it would vanish forever as it has. :(

It’s so damn good but the vita Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour is the best of all the Virtua Tennis games imo. I gotta add getting vita emulation running on deck to my to-do list alongside Model 2/3 Sega Arcade. It’s been 12 years since VT4 :( Cmon Sega!!!

THAT’s what it was. Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour on Vita. 

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah the psp version is good but it lacks the visuals and some of the extra mini game stuff. The Vita one is GOAT

Those mini games were addictive. All of them were good. 

• True 1

Been playing Super Mario World on my Pocket. Wanna beat it for the first time on my own.

I need to get back to Spider-Man 2. Haven't played it since before Christmas, but I've largely been out of town or working. And I'm miserably sick this weekend and haven't felt like doing much of anything for long.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, stepee said:

And I did just that and got vita going on the oled deck and Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour works perfect running at 1080p native res/60fps mmm

• Hype 1

I've been completely enraptured by My Time at Sandrock. I had just played through Seasons: A letter you the future on PC and enjoyed that for what it was and thought I could go for something a bit more involved and finally got around to starting A Plague Tale Requiem. Nope. A bunch of hours in and that game is great, but it's WAY too stressful for what I need in my life right now. I figured a good farming/life sim was what I needed and I grabbed Sandrock on EGS for like $20.

This game is adorable. It's really easy to lose track of time in this world, and that's how I put the kids to bed at 9 and then accidently played until nearly 3am. Gonna be really fun getting up to make the kids breakfast.

Jedi Survivor is fantastic! I will definitely stay on this until I beat it. I don't remember anything so this is like a fresh experience for me. The combat is so satisfying with such a perfect difficulty at normal. I really like Cal, too. 

Spent some time last night on vita emulation, it definitely has some ways to go still with a lot of the bigger games not still playable, but some are! Besides Virtua Tennis, I also got Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 working flawlessly and if I could pick three games from that library (since I have all the indie stuff on pc) it would definitely be those three! So that worked out. I also got Ys Origin and Tkk working, the latter of which is STUNNING on the oled deck display.

Finally jumped into Diablo 4.

After shelving it 2 hours after installing it at launch! I'm a lvl 55 Barbarian and I gotta say this is the most repetitive AAA title I have EVER played. Everything you do is the same and I know it's Diablo but this is a chore to keep chugging through. How in the hell could this be released after the absolute AMAZING job they did at saving Diablo 3 with the Reaper of Souls Addon/Upgrade?!?! I LOVED playing RoS and yes it was super repetitive as ALL Diablo games are, this just has a different feel, and it's all BAD!. I WANT so bad to LIKE it, I DO! I can not imagine anything that can happen at the end game {LvL 100} all the different types of Rift dungeons [Nephalem?] and the like 12 tiers on torment difficulty levels, easy jump in and out from each of the challenge types there are in D3 The {Special Legendary Gems that can be upgraded for ever!} and also Paragon levels that will never run out always at least uping your character stats, etc, etc. EVERY dammed Boss that you encounter is exactly the same feel. I will say it's stunning to look at and it runs incredible well on the ALLY both plugged in {Yea easy at 30watts turbo mode} & plugged in my 50,000mAH 65watt power bank. Every encounter is just Blahh Blahh, Blahh crap and I'm just really really disappointed!  I'm not seeing a Hail Marry like Reaper of Souls was for D3 coming to help this boring ass game. Sorry about the rant, but I really like D3 and this is a HUGE step

backwards!   

This after the incredible Diablo 2 Resurrection release that was an incredible remake of a beloved game with great fixes to things that wouldn't work in todays games. I guess I can just play D2R! Anyways....That's what I'm playing right now. I'm really feeling a tug to eather play Remnant II {Free on GP} of Dying Light 2 that I have had since launch on the 83" LGG3! I actually bought Dying Light 2 before I even had a PS5 lol!                                                                                                                                                                          

On 1/6/2024 at 9:53 AM, crispy4000 said:

FFXVI, got the last of my ability unlocks.  So heading to the final battle or whatever is next.

Coming closer to the end now.  Overall the game is wrapping up quite nicely.  Some very on the nose JRPG tropes in the final hours, but its still enjoyable.

Enemy gauntlets are pretty pointless by now though.  Flare Breath, the flamethrower ability, decimates trash mobs and reactivates super quick.  I don't even care that its useless against bosses, I keep it equipped just for that.