What are you playing today?

44 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Yup, emulator with a widescreen hack.  The game still looks great by my calculus.  Rare we’re masters at using the limited texture capabilities of that system to great effect.

It’s a shame that DKR hasn’t been brought back with online multiplayer. 

@stepee Like a Dragon Gaiden is very fun and also really engaging. The story is great from the start and I'm interested in what happens next. It's seems really easy? Is that because I'm in the beginning or is it not too challenging? I'm completely fine with how it is I'm just curious. 

46 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Like a Dragon Gaiden is very fun and also really engaging. The story is great from the start and I'm interested in what happens next. It's seems really easy? Is that because I'm in the beginning or is it not too challenging? I'm completely fine with how it is I'm just curious. 

If you are playing on easy it’s definitely too easy even for me. I’m playing on normal and it’s a good difficulty for me where I still have to really try in the big fights but most of it is just me kicking ass. If you are breezing bosses on normal I’d try putting it on professional because the boss fights should still be challenging for it to be the most fun imo (and to have good reason to do side stuff and level up etc)

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

If you are playing on easy it’s definitely too easy even for me. I’m playing on normal and it’s a good difficulty for me where I still have to really try in the big fights but most of it is just me kicking ass. If you are breezing bosses on normal I’d try putting it on professional because the boss fights should still be challenging for it to be the most fun imo (and to have good reason to do side stuff and level up etc)

I'm on normal and nice. I got some gear and bought some upgrades but I'm only an hour and half in. I'll keep it at this difficulty. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I'm on normal and nice. I got some gear and bought some upgrades but I'm only an hour and half in. I'll keep it at this difficulty. 

Kiryu is a fucking bad ass in it, so to me it makes sense he’d mop the floor with most people :P

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

He is a fuckin super hero. I love the Shenmue vibes I'm getting. 

Yeah it’s like Streets of Rage meets Shenmue. It’s a type of Sega game that pretty much only exists in this series now. At least until those reboots they announced come out.

• True 1

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's better combat than that pos game. It's just simple but more importantly it's fun. 

You do unlock different moves and gadgets which can also be upgraded and stuff as it opens up.

edit: There is also a completely different stance/style if you haven’t gotten there yet.

I view these games as a 3D beat’em up.  Simple combos, power moves, breakable weapons, and mobs to beat down. The combat isn’t deep but extremely satisfying.  When you hit a guy hard, you feel it.  

Plus the game does a tremendous job making you invested and hyped to fuck someone up. 

@Biggie it’s on Game Pass if you want to give it a try. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

I view these games as a 3D beat’em up.  Simple combos, power moves, breakable weapons, and mobs to beat down. The combat isn’t deep but extremely satisfying.  When you hit a guy hard, you feel it.  

Plus the game does a tremendous job making you invested and hyped to fuck someone up. 

Yeah I view them as the only AAA beat ‘em ups in existence, I’m thankful they exist just for that. There are more options and it’s more deep than the older beat ‘em ups but that should be expected with decades of evolution since then. But it’s really just about having fun, pure simple fun. Thats why I love it so much. It’s such a non cynical game. It’s all about having a good time. 

To me the mob fights it’s all about speed and trying to not waste money on regaining health by getting hit as little as possible.

edit; And yeah the impact of the hits is just mmmm

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

The mobs are for farming money. If you don’t need it, you can definitely skip them. I appreciate the game allows you to engage in things that interest you and ignore things that don’t. All this talk makes me want to go back and finish up the arena. 

Oh for sure. I love just love fighting the mobs so I usually engage. You get some big time $$ from some of them too. Sometimes I do run past when I’m trying to do something particular though and I’m glad they let you. 

I do wish one of these would let you ride a bicycle because I just want to see Kiyru do that. Like a really short one. 

I got and started playing on my Rokid glasses Super Mario Wonder. Boy it’s a pretty game that really rewards you to explore. My sister also bought my nieces a Switch for Xmas, and now I’m debating to see if my other sister wants to go halves on an Online + Expansion Family Plan. My brother also has a system but now lives 2hrs away. Be cool to split among us all and get some online Mario Kart, Switch Sports (which I bought them) or Wonder together with. Will let you know if we do

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian said:

Are you talking about Yakuza? I have never played any of them. Wouldn't I be totally lost character/story wise?

35 minutes ago, Biggie said:

aren't there like 12 games or something like that? Yeah I don't think so. That would take a lot of time.

I know nothing, but I vaguely feel like you could do Yakuza 0, Like a Dragon, and then the next mainline release and if you fancied, dip into the other remasters as time goes on. 

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I know nothing, but I vaguely feel like you could do Yakuza 0, Like a Dragon, and then the next mainline release and if you fancied, dip into the other remasters as time goes on. 

Nah not really. I’m just not that interested in the Yakuza series. 

I understand if someone doesn’t want to jump into a long running series. The great thing about Game Pass is having access to games that you can try and not feel financially committed to playing. With Best playing, I merely wanted to let Biggie know it’s on GP since the two of them have similar tastes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

I understand if someone doesn’t want to jump into a long running series. The great thing about Game Pass is having access to games that you can try and not feel financially committed to playing. With Best playing, I merely wanted to let Biggie know it’s on GP since the two of them have similar tastes. 

And I may still try the games. But right now I’m knee deep into BallSack’s Gate 3. 

• Hype 2

I played a bunch of Lil Gator last night thanks to @Keyser_Soze and yeah this is right up my alley. It’s a mix of a platformer, Zelda, and a Night in the Woods. It’s the cutest thing of all time. I really love it. It’s just a 5 hour game so I’ll probably beat it tonight. I’ll have to watch out for this team.

• Hype 1