What are you playing today?

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You bastard

Oh uh I mean sounds like a good plan

You should try and buy a Series X like I did where you make payments. I paid $37 a month until I paid it off. Or, use a bestbuy credit card and finance one there. 

56 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You should try and buy a Series X like I did where you make payments. I paid $37 a month until I paid it off. Or, use a bestbuy credit card and finance one there. 

That is literally a rip off.  What I really need to do is find internet friends who don't lie and get my hopes up only to finger bang my bung hole.

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

That is literally a rip off.  What I really need to do is find internet friends who don't lie and get my hopes up only to finger bang my bung hole.

Rip off or not it's affordable that way. I am starting to think Starfield may actually end up being pretty spectacular so if I were you I'd head to your local bestbuy asap. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Rip off or not it's affordable that way. I am starting to think Starfield may actually end up being pretty spectacular so if I were you I'd head to your local bestbuy asap. 

Buy a console for one game? Nah.  BRB looking for honest internet friends.

• Sicko Sherman 1

I’ve been playing Need For Speed Heat, and it’s actually quite good. It’s the best NFS game in years. It reminds me a lot of Most Wanted (2005) which is my favorite NFS game. It’s open world taking place in a fictional city similar to Miami Florida. You choose a character, and can customize their hair and clothes. They’re featured in the story scenes, and are voiced. The story so far has been the usual rookie racer trying to move up in the ranks of racing. It’s been good enough to give an incentive to the racing.

The unique aspect of the game is that during the day you do circuit races that earn you money, and during the night you do illegal street races that earn you rep. You can switch between day and night whenever you like.

Cars and upgrade parts for them are expensive, so you kind of have to grind races to earn money to buy new cars and upgrades for them. You earn rep to progress in the story since you need to reach a certain amount of rep to unlock the next story event. I really like the progression in the game, it along with other aspects make this the closest to the racing RPG that I’ve been wanting.

• Halal 2

general hospital chair throw GIF

Man I'm so close to giving up on Dangandrompa V3. I'm in the last part of the game and I keep hitting a brick wall with one of the mass panic battles. It's just ****ing frustrating on the switch port, I'll get my reticle right on the text and fire yet some how by the time the bullet fires I'll be barely 1/2 pixels off from the text and it will miss all while the stupid ****ing reticle is still showing the larger size like it does when you're hovered over text. @)#$*@#&$!()_#$&)(@#&%$@#($&)@#$&#@)(&

I've been trying this scene over and over again for the past 3 days and last night had enough and quit the game (luckily the last save point isn't too far back). I had to calm myself afterwards by playing shin chan.

• Sad 2

I'm trying to wrap up Armored Core 2: Another Age and stuck on one of the missions towards the end. Defeat the Massive MT, and it's a huge boss battle but he can take off half your AP with one hit, also he's got some orbital lasers he can throw out from anywhere that surround you and do a lot of damage. Shiiiet.

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm trying to wrap up Armored Core 2: Another Age and stuck on one of the missions towards the end. Defeat the Massive MT, and it's a huge boss battle but he can take off half your AP with one hit, also he's got some orbital lasers he can throw out from anywhere that surround you and do a lot of damage. Shiiiet.

Yay I did it!

• Hype 2

Back on Miles Morales. It’s a good game, but games like this come across as gamified movies to me. It isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but there’s a reason why I’ll think about Tears of the Kingdom in 10 years time and mostly won’t remember I’ve played this.

Update: so I finished the game. I think the brevity supports it (to the point where I could play this type of game in an episodic manner). It’s a good game, does it make me excited for Spiderman 2? Not really. But, if it comes to PS+, I’ll play it I’m sure.

I’ve been playing Sea of Stars, and enjoying it for the most part. It’s a somewhat charming retro style pixel art turn-based RPG with a cute cast of characters, and colorful graphics. However, only a few hours in I’m already finding it to be a little harder than I was expecting it to be. During combat you have to time a button press exactly at the right moment of an attack to deal more damage to an enemy, or to block when an enemy attacks you. It seems more forgivable for attacks than blocks, because so many times I think that I timed the button press at the right moment just to still get hit and take full damage without blocking. It’s been pretty frustrating, especially since a lot of enemies have attacks that you can’t really judge the exact moment that they’re going to hit you. There should be a slightly larger window of opportunity to block enemy attacks than there is, because you have to be too precise in your timing to block IMO. And some enemies and especially bosses take a lot of hits to defeat, and deal a lot of damage when they hit you which I wasn’t expecting somewhat early in the game. But I really like the combat as there’s cool special attacks and magic spells along with team combo attacks. The story and characters have been decent so far, but everything (except for the difficulty) seems like it’s somewhat aimed at a younger audience.

5 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Back on Miles Morales. It’s a good game, but games like this come across as gamified movies to me. It isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but there’s a reason why I’ll think about Tears of the Kingdom in 10 years time and mostly won’t remember I’ve played this.

Update: so I finished the game. I think the brevity supports it (to the point where I could play this type of game in an episodic manner). It’s a good game, does it make me excited for Spiderman 2? Not really. But, if it comes to PS+, I’ll play it I’m sure.

Spiderman 2 will probably get stellar scores and be critically acclaimed. And I nearly platinum’d Spiderman. That being said, I’m not really excited at all for the sequel. Forcing me to constantly switch between two playable characters is just about a game breaker for me. I was pretty annoyed with those parts of the first one as well. But the game did so much right I gave it a pass. But the sequel seems to entirely focus on switching between characters and I’m just not ok with that at all.

4 hours ago, nublood said:

But the sequel seems to entirely focus on switching between characters and I’m just not ok with that at all.

I bet that transitioning from Miles to Peter will be instantaneous with amazing gamplay for both characters. I am with you in the fact I preferably enjoy playing one character in a game but I have no doubt Spiderman 2 will be GOTY material. The transitioning from Peter to Miles will have serious story archives and different gameplay styles in both combat and story telling. 

Imo, it has potential to be my GOTY unless Starfield blows everyone away. I have a feeling that won't be the case. 

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They got Mitsuda to do the soundtrack, this game is aimed at older people 100%

The music is really good and I realize that the game is a throwback style pixel art RPG aimed at fans of classic JRPGs (which I am), but the cute and colorful aesthetic, silly humor and overall friendship theme make it kind of feel like it’s aimed at a younger audience. It’s rated Everyone 10+ after all.