Rumor: WB Montreal's Batman game is a "soft reboot" releasing Autumn 2020

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

...why not make a new franchise? Why not continue the old one? What is the point of "soft rebooting" an existing, very specific franchise? There's a lot more to Batman than what this franchise gave us.

I'll be honest. I'm so burned out on Batman and the same five villains he fights every single time, I couldn't care less about anything concerning him... but....

If they did a "soft reboot" of Batman and it was in the style of Adam West in the 60's in all of its cheesy glory, I'd be all over it.

• Guillotine 1

I just want to know if somehow they will implement the Nemesis system into this new Batman title? Would be pretty cool where you start off as Batman, you go through part of an investigation, going into the bowels of Gotham only to be trapped for days on end in the Court of Owl's maze. At this point, you get to play as the other members of the Bat-fam (Nightwing, Damian, Jason Todd, Batgirl, Tim Drake) going on other missions while running into different assassins from the Court that, because they cannot die, just level up and seek you out with individual Owls going against the different Bat family members by the end!

Also, if they could somehow incorporate and translate Batman's twisting psychosis in the maze like that of Snyder/Capullo's issue wherein you had to physically turn the entire book to coincide with story telling and manifesting the insanity of it all would really be cool!

11 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If they did a "soft reboot" of Batman and it was in the style of Adam West in the 60's in all of its cheesy glory, I'd be all over it.

Have you ever played Batman: The Brave and the Bold for Wii or DS? You might dig it.

It doesn’t have any of the gritty “realism” of the Arkham games. BUT! If you ever wanted to play a game where you can have Aquaman riding on the back of a gorilla version of Batman, who is himself riding on the back of a giant sperm whale...this game might be for you.

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

They should move Beyond.

I don't have like a strong attachment to the Beyond series and honestly couldn't tell you a thing about it, but I think the design would look really cool in a video game, and it would be different enough for me to give it a chance. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

https://www.techradar.com/news/new-batman-game-teaser-hints-at-the-villain-ahead-of-likely-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-reveal

A series of countdown timers on the teaser website suggest a full reveal for the new Batman game is coming later this week. In the meantime, someone has been able to download the following teaser image, which you can download too by heading to this site and typing in 761. It looks like new codes will be required each day this week ahead of DC FanDome. 

https://schedule.dcfandome.com

This Saturday is probably when they will show the trailer.

Since Arkham Knight essentially wrapped up THAT Batman's story, I wouldn't be mad at a reboot. I think they should definitely play up more of Batmans investigative skills beyond just turning on x-ray vis... I mean "detective mode". Let's have Batman have some dialogue trees where questioning can lead to different outcomes. Also let's implement the nemesis system in this in some form. Bat man games would be PERFECT for this shit.

• Thanks 1