~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Definitely makes sense to go directly to the highly experimental shit for a minor case.

In an early-stage clinical trial of 275 Covid-19 patients, those who received Regeneron’s experimental therapy had lower virus levels in the bloodstream seven days later compared with patients who received a placebo, the company said in a statement.

33 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The 20th amendment is pretty explicit. There's no crisis if trump dies.

I don't see how there would be a crisis even if Pence caught it and died. Were that to happen and they won, wouldn't that make Pelosi president until the next election in 2024?

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

I don't see how there would be a crisis even if Pence caught it and died. Were that to happen and they won, wouldn't that make Pelosi president until the next election in 2024?

She'd finish the term

Having the first female president be pelosi would make chuds almost as angry as a president Hillary clinton as the first woman president

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

There are some extremely bad takes that say the line of succession may be unconstitutional and that no one outside the executive branch could succeed Pence.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

There are some extremely bad takes that say the line of succession may be unconstitutional and that no one outside the executive branch could succeed Pence.

You better believe that should trump die there would be a republican VP confirmed by the Senate within hours

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I feel like this is really missing the forest for the trees. You guys don’t vote for the president, you vote for electors. If Trump AND Pence died, the RNC would select someone else and the electors would vote that person in. And I’m 95% sure the Supreme Court would be ok with that.

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Shitty doctors killed Washington because of bloodletting.

Shitty doctors killed (or hastened it at least) Lincoln by digging into his skull looking for the bullet.

Shitty doctors could be killing Trump right now by throwing a bunch of unproven drugs at the infection.

What I suspect is that Trump insisted on a magical cure(as some have said, it might come directly from that Fox segment), and no one in the room had the balls to say no to him.

19 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It depends on when it occurs. If their ticket wins and if they both died but it was before the electoral college votes, the EC could select another Republican to fill the new vacancy and Pelosi would serve as POTUS until January 20.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Mitch literally would not allow a vacant VP position to happen to allow a president pelosi

You can't seat a new VP if there isn't a majority present to vote in the Senate.  Just like with the Supreme Court nominee process, you'll need 51 votes to confirm a new VP.  If more than 3 GOP Senators get sick and can't make it to the Capitol, there will be no new VP.

ALSO, if Pence becomes the President, there would be no VP to break a tie if something ends up being 50-50. 

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

You can't seat a new VP if there isn't a majority present to vote in the Senate.  Just like with the Supreme Court nominee process, you'll need 51 votes to confirm a new VP.  If more than 3 GOP Senators get sick and can't make it to the Capitol, there will be no new VP.

ALSO, if Pence becomes the President, there would be no VP to break a tie if something ends up being 50-50. 

There is no chance Mitch wouldn’t change rules to allow remote voting :p 

12 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Dems will make it happen because they don't actually want to have this constitutional crisis right after the death of a president,even trump. This is crazier than the nonsense I post