EA to release" Exciting remasters to fan favorites" coming next fiscal year

Dodger

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I am hoping for M.U.L.E., Seven Cities of Gold, Desert/Jungle Strike, Loaded, NHL '94, Populous (1&2), Road Rash, Ultima, Wing Commander.  I suspect I will be disappointed.

An updated Road Rash collection would be awesome. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

My first thought was “how are they going to screw up Mass Effect?”  I bet the remasters will be missing content. 

Change the combat system since it is way different (better) than the combat in the rest of the series. 

KOTOR 1 (2 is ok as well), Dragon Age Origins, and Jade Empire. Basically the peak of Bioware catalog with updated visuals and nothing else. Don’t change the combat mechanics. 

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Change the combat system since it is way different (better) than the combat in the rest of the series. 

KOTOR 1 (2 is ok as well), Dragon Age Origins, and Jade Empire. Basically the peak of Bioware catalog with updated visuals and nothing else. Don’t change the combat mechanics. 

I was just thinking the other day how much they really dumbed down Dragon Age after Origins. I spent so much time in the tactics menu getting my companions to behave the way I wanted them too and it was so satisfying to see them pull off strategies I set up in the menu.

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wouldn't mind some Dead Space remasters.

No just leave that series alone. I can’t handle being reminded of how such an amazingly built story was just torn down and shit all over. We’re talking the kind of shit that comes from a week of Taco Bell. Fuck everyone involved with Dead Space 2 and 3. I fucking hate all of them. 

Honestly, I don't want any remasters. Most of the developers that made the great games EA published have been either killed off or don't even resemble themselves anymore. Don't remind us of what used to be. Just learn how to make good games again.

I'm starting to think that EA doesn't even know how to make a good game anymore, hence the remasters.

17 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Just learn how to make good games again.

I'm starting to think that EA doesn't even know how to make a good game anymore, hence the remasters.

Don't count on it. heck Maybe they'll at least be able to release the remasters. I think they've cancelled more new games this generation than they've actually released. Didn't they just cancel their NBA game yet again? (not that I actually care about that game, lol) 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Don't count on it. heck Maybe they'll at least be able to release the remasters. I think they've cancelled more new games this generation than they've actually released. Didn't they just cancel their NBA game yet again? (not that I actually care about that game, lol) 

Well to be fair, they've released the remaster of Madden 2005 every year for the last decade and a half.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, number305 said:

Biggest news for me is the line that says they are adding an additional annual sports title to their list.  PLEASE be NCAA coming back!

EA execs have already said:

"Our position is we would love to build a game," Wilson said during an interview at the Wall Street Journal Tech Live conference. "If there's a world where the folks who govern these things are able to solve for how to pay players for the use of their name and likeness and stats and data, we would jump at the opportunity to build a game in a heartbeat."

Given the NCAA's announcement earlier this week, I think NCAA football returning is a done deal.

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Given the NCAA's announcement earlier this week, I think NCAA football returning is a done deal.

I hope so, but I think it may not be as simple as the recent changes. 

Unless every player agrees to it, I'm not sure how much different a position we're in now than we have been the last 7 years or whatever.