~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

Sen. "Russia Ron" Johnson, ally of Trump and Ukraine, surfaces in crucial episodes in the saga

Sen. Ron Johnson met in July with a former Ukrainian diplomat who has circulated unproven claims that Ukrainian officials assisted Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, a previously unreported contact that underscores the GOP senator’s involvement in the unfolding narrative that triggered the impeachment inquiry of President Trump.

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm afraid that this impeachment inquiry vote could potentially backfire on the Democrats.   The vote will pass, and then the Republicans will claim that any evidence and testimony collected prior to this vote is null and void. 

Trump's lawyers are free to argue so, in the Senate during the trial

Also the house can just put a clause in that says, essentially, "lol everything we've done so far is kosher let's keep truckin'" and that will be fine because the house has the sole power of impeachment

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Trump's lawyers are free to argue so, in the Senate during the trial

Also the house can just put a clause in that says, essentially, "lol everything we've done so far is kosher let's keep truckin'" and that will be fine because the house has the sole power of impeachment

Yes I agree with your take on it.  I'm just arguing that the gop is moving the goalposts again.  

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm afraid that this impeachment inquiry vote could potentially backfire on the Democrats.   The vote will pass, and then the Republicans will claim that any evidence and testimony collected prior to this vote is null and void. 

I don't know about a formal vote, but I imagine it was always the plan for the House to do some investigations behind closed doors, and then do public hearings. The Republicans will claim that everything is invalid no matter what. This vote is a success if it keeps the inquiry moving.

WASHINGTON—As a chorus of jeers began to fill Nationals Park during Game Five of the World Series, President Donald Trump was reportedly mortified Sunday after the crowd started chanting “Lock him up!” at first lady Melania Trump. “Why would they do that? It’s so mean,” said Trump, adding that when they stood up in their box seats to wave, the crowd began viciously booing Melania, an act he claimed was extremely disrespectful to the office of the first lady, especially since he was pretty sure she hadn’t done anything illegal.

“Listen, there are plenty of things about Melania that I don’t like. I’ve definitely thought about replacing her. Heck, I got caught up in the chant for a little bit there too. But she should be able to attend a baseball game in peace. Someone even pulled out a sign that said ‘Impeach Trump,’ which is silly, because I don’t think she can be impeached. Overall, we were incredibly embarrassed for Melania, but she was able to put on a brave face. I went over to console her and she didn’t seem bothered by it at all.” At press time, Trump kicked himself for being foolish after realizing that the crowd was probably booing Senator David Perdue (R-GA) for his unpopular agricultural policies.

15 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

A member of the tribe working from within the government to "take down" Trump? Oh boy, the anti semitic attacks and dog whistles are gonna be something else

What that quote is saying is not that Trump loyalists will believe the person over Trump, but that it's harder to convince the majority of the country of that. Trump attacked the Khan family, which didn't help him at all nationally.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

What that quote is saying is not that Trump loyalists will believe the person over Trump, but that it's harder to convince the majority of the country of that. Trump attacked the Khan family, which didn't help him at all nationally.

His attacks give space for the Richard Spencer's of the world

41 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

There has been a lot of goalpost shifting over this, but wasn't one of Trump's initial defenses that the whistleblower was exaggerating by saying he mentioned Biden 7 times and it was only 2?(or something along those lines)

It's a pretty classic Trump move to lie and harp about a certain fact, often itself rather pointless, only to find out Trump orchestrated that supposed fact in the first place.