~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

I'm actually surprised that we're still primarily in the "there was no quid pro quo" stage of this nonsense. It was so clear from the start that there was one that I figured the standard talking point would be either "it's not great, but it's not illegal / impeachable" or "it was actually the right thing to do!" Some are already there, but it feels like the GOP is dragging their feet on this one.

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I'm actually surprised that we're still primarily in the "there was no quid pro quo" stage of this nonsense. It was so clear from the start that there was one that I figured the standard talking point would be either "it's not great, but it's not illegal / impeachable" or "it was actually the right thing to do!" Some are already there, but it feels like the GOP is dragging their feet on this one.

That's because trump keeps trying to push the no quid pro quo angle. They can't get on the same page with him.

4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

It's because Trump can't admit that he's wrong or done anything wrong about ANYTHING.

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

And won't ever have to, as the senate will protect him from all of this when it finally arrives in their laps. 

I saw a tweet from a Trump supporter referring to Trump as "The Ruler" of this country without a hint of irony. They've really bought into not only his cult of personality, but the notion of a President who is above the law... more akin to a dictator than a President. We don't have "Rulers" in this country.

EDIT: Just saw another clip on CNN with a bunch of Trump supporters and the question was asked "Is there anything he could do that would make you not vote him?" Answer: "no". Question "Even if he shot someone on fifth avenue?" Answer: "It depends on why he shot the person." :| This is how despots are born.  There's something else going on here besides "economic anxiety" or whatever other bullshit excuse people want to give to Trump supporters. He represents something to them that they are fiercely and blindly loyal to. I'll leave it up to smarter people than me to figure out what that is.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I saw a tweet from a Trump supporter referring to Trump as "The Ruler" of this country without a hint of irony. They've really bought into not only his cult of personality, but the notion of a President who is above the law... more akin to a dictator than a President. We don't have "Rulers" in this country.

EDIT: Just saw another clip on CNN with a bunch of Trump supporters and the question was asked "Is there anything he could do that would make you not vote him?" Answer: "no". Question "Even if he shot someone on fifth avenue?" Answer: "It depends on why he shot the person." :| This is how despots are born.  There's something else going on here besides "economic anxiety" or whatever other bullshit excuse people want to give to Trump supporters. He represents something to them that they are fiercely and blindly loyal to. I'll leave it up to smarter people than me to figure out what that is.

The problem is they aren’t following up with “Well, how would have felt if Obama had done this?”

Then watch their tune change.

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The problem is they aren’t following up with “Well, how would have felt if Obama had done this?”

Then watch their tune change.

I'm sure their tunes would change and they wouldn't have any problems saying so. Their loyalty isn't to The Presidency... it's to Donald Trump. They are loyal to HIM. That's the point and that's the problem. The question is why? 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Bear in mind that not everyone who voted for Trump are his die hard base for whom he could do no wrong. There is something more going on with his die hard base. There's probably more going on than just "economic anxiety" for the non-hardcore base that voted for him. But that's because there are quite often many factors that result in a person's decision and over a population it's not uncommon for different people to have different reasons.

Was this an actual group of voters of was it that group of Dallas women that have volunteered and worked on the Trump campaign?

6 minutes ago, legend said:

Bear in mind that not everyone who voted for Trump are his die hard base for whom he could do no wrong. There is something more going on with his die hard base. There's probably more going on than just "economic anxiety" for the non-hardcore base that voted for him. But that's because there are quite often many factors that result in a person's decision and over a population it's not uncommon for different people to have different reasons.

I'm talking specifically about the folks who will support him no matter what he does like the people in the segment I mentioned. People who gambled on him and now see him for what he is (even though he was ALWAYS who he is) are not the folks I'm talking about. There's a cult of personality that has been built around him and he appeals to a certain segment of the population and a specific mindset. 

Just now, osxmatt said:

Was this an actual group of voters of was it that group of Dallas women that have volunteered and worked on the Trump campaign?

Not sure... but I'm also not really sure what the difference is. Volunteers for campaigns ARE actual groups of voters.

I'm talking specifically about the folks who will support him no matter what he does like the people in the segment I mentioned. People who gambled on him and now see him for what he is (even though he was ALWAYS who he is) are not the folks I'm talking about. There's a cult of personality that has been built around him and he appeals to a certain segment of the population and a specific mindset. 

Okay, in that case I agree with you. I don't think his super hardcore are with him because of economic anxiety and I don't think it's a meaningful factor for them either.

lol, even the Iran Contra cleanup guy said no to this 

Trump wanted Barr to hold news conference saying the president broke no laws in call with Ukrainian leader - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-wanted-barr-to-hold-news-conference-saying-the-president-broke-no-laws-in-call-with-ukrainian-leader/2019/11/06/16d541ec-ff55-11e9-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

5 hours ago, Jason said:

lol, even the Iran Contra cleanup guy said no to this 

Trump wanted Barr to hold news conference saying the president broke no laws in call with Ukrainian leader - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-wanted-barr-to-hold-news-conference-saying-the-president-broke-no-laws-in-call-with-ukrainian-leader/2019/11/06/16d541ec-ff55-11e9-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

lol yup, this happened, he only bothers to deny things that actually happened