~* First Blue Blood, Part II - Official DNC Debate Thread *~

9 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Then you have people bitching about how the DNC is picking favorites again.

While it's not a perfect process I think it's about as good as you can get with a messy situation. It's a year and a half until the election and, what, about 6 months before the first vote is cast in Iowa. Now is the time to give the long shots a chance to make a move. 

From the sound of things the upcoming debates will make the requirements harder and start widdling down the field as we get closer to the primaries which seems fair to me.

I mean, it was admitted that they did pick favorites.

6 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Tulsi had the Christie moment. What an utter buffoon Tim Ryan is.

Tulsi is the best of the Candidates, except maybe Warren. But Warren probably can’t beat Trump. She may be intelligent, but she’s not likeable, which was a major problem with the last moron Trump ran against.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So no one liked Gabbard?

lmao no, she's still a Putin loving Assad apologist

I will grant she gave a satisfactory answer on her prior homophobic views but that's not gonna be enough. Frankly, she doesn't have the experience regardless and didn't say anything that anyone else wouldn't have said (except Tim Ryan).

22 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

lmao no, she's still a Putin loving Assad apologist

I will grant she gave a satisfactory answer on her prior homophobic views but that's not gonna be enough. Frankly, she doesn't have the experience regardless and didn't say anything that anyone else wouldn't have said (except Tim Ryan).

She’s not going to win. She’s also not an Putin or Assad apologist. That’s a bullshit and you know it. Rarely has the best candidate ever won a democratic primary outside of Obama In the last 20 years. If there is one thing dems are great at, its backing unelectable candidates.

I'm pretty far into the debate and am about 5 minutes from the Gabbard/Ryan thing. Some thoughts:

1. Inslee's been in my Top 3 for a while due to his climate change stance. I really enjoyed him here and look forward to him continuing to put an issue -- which normally gets ignored in these debates -- front and center.

2. Warren's passionate as hell and so far has impressed me the most.

3. Castro has made the most out of this to get him out of obscurity. How much it'll affect him in the polls, who knows until we know.

4. Booker's answer to LGBTQ and the overlooking of trans folk, specifically African-Americans, was excellent. 

48 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I feel bad for saying it.... but if there's no polling bump, maybe people who didn't know who she was thought she was beautiful and were reminded to Google her every time she talked. 

“does tulsi gabbard fuck”