The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm ok with this, but, and I know that is such pedantic bullshit, I hate that Trump's doing it not because it's right or just or allows the US to use additional resources and assets, but because it's a token gesture to Fox News and his base.

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I'm ok with this, but, and I know that is such pedantic bullshit, I hate that Trump's doing it not because it's right or just or allows the US to use additional resources and assets, but because it's a token gesture to Fox News and his base.

Uh.

26 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

OH YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT BE OK WITH THIS! NOT AT ALL!

Another concern is the misapplication of the label “antifa” to include all counter-protesters, rather than limiting it to those who proactively seek physical confrontations with their perceived fascist adversaries.

Do you trust the government of the United States of America to fairly, rigorously, and accurately differentiate between "violent" anti-fascists and the "peaceful" anti-fascists?

This is a trap that's been set for "liberals" to blithely walk into.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Do you trust the government of the United States of America to fairly, rigorously, and accurately differentiate between "violent" anti-fascists and the "peaceful" anti-fascists?

Yeah, the guys scoring headshots on journalists like they're trying to unlock an achievement aren't exactly going to be discerning here.

Look for protestor to become synonomous with terrorist here soon. 

21 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I mean is ANTIFA even an actual organization? Like with a structure and leadership? I thought ANTIFA was more of a movement than an actual organization.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I mean is ANTIFA even an actual organization? Like with a structure and leadership? I thought ANTIFA was more of a movement than an actual organization.

It doesn't appear so. Living in Portland, I know there are local organized antifa groups, and I just assumed they were apart of a larger centralized structure, but I was wrong.

It's not an actual organization in the sense that there's any central leadership of any kind. Which means that the practical effects of this would be that they would just target anyone who's ever googled, like, "why Antifa gud?," which they 100% will consider a feature and not a bug.

Oh, just an unrelated reminder, 10 Democratic senators just voted to let Bill Barr warrantlessly obtain a list of anyone googling certain search terms.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No, and that is why this order would make it potentially easier to claim people are Antifa. Not for the purpose of sending people to prison, but for arresting and making their lives' miserable.

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

They're going to start saying that all Democrats are antifa.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

The fascist wannabe dictator of America labels the anti-fascist movement as a terrorist organization because of course he does. 

Lol, it seems pretty clear by now that regardless of if Trump's petulant dictator thing was ever intended as a shtick, it has become a political reality at this point. 

10 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Important to note here this is functionally impossible in much of the country, by deliberate design. It's one of the many subtle ways racism has pervaded every aspect of government policy

I did my city’s citizen police academy and they talked about how walking the beat, or at least having police officers on bicycles did wonders for community engagement.

It’s worth it in communities that can support it, and can definitely be done in areas that you see the most police and citizen issues (inner city).