Square Enix E3 2019 Press Conferences

Remarkableriots

25 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, this new battle system doesn't seem too complex. I think I can get behind it. The newer styles, like the FF XV just seem overly complex. This is still similar to the original, just more action oriented. I feel a little better now.

Do you control all the characters or just one? 

28 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, this new battle system doesn't seem too complex. I think I can get behind it. The newer styles, like the FF XV just seem overly complex. This is still similar to the original, just more action oriented. I feel a little better now.

I said on discord that, "I don't hate this combat system." A lot better than what I thought.

And uh, so is this game still episodic? I am getting worked up over nothing? They are either going out of their way to make it seem like it isn't episodic, or they forgot to mention it. But I doubt they forgot.

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Do you control all the characters or just one? 

You switch between them.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I said on discord that, "I don't hate this combat system." A lot better than what I thought.

And uh, so is this game still episodic? I am getting worked up over nothing? They are either going out of their way to make it seem like it isn't episodic, or they forgot to mention it. But I doubt they forgot.

I get the impression it's still episodic, but they didn't confirm that I saw.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I get the impression it's still episodic, but they didn't confirm that I saw. 

It is just that two discs for part of a game seems odd. Like, why not just make you install the XXXGB game onto your HDD like every other game? I mean, until they say it isn't episodic, I will assume it is still episodic.

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It is just that two discs for part of a game seems odd. Like, why not just make you install the XXXGB game onto your HDD like every other game? I mean, until they say it isn't episodic, I will assume it is still episodic.

I wasn't paying attention the whole time but I thought they said that they were expanding the story of Midgar. 

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I wasn't paying attention the whole time but I thought they said that they were expanding the story of Midgar.  

yeah, but you could take that as, if Midgar was it's normal size the entire game would be on one disc. Like, Disc one is midgar and disc two is the rest of the game. I still think it is going to be episodic, but I just really don't want it to be so I am trying to find hope that it isn't.

24 minutes ago, Bacon said:

yeah, but you could take that as, if Midgar was it's normal size the entire game would be on one disc. Like, Disc one is midgar and disc two is the rest of the game. I still think it is going to be episodic, but I just really don't want it to be so I am trying to find hope that it isn't.

"The first game in the project expands on the story of Midgar" "Has become a solid standalone game in its own right" about 3:45 in.

Square Enix's conference delivered until the Avengers reveal.  Also, no Babylon's Fall.

But I'm pretty happy with the FFVII remake and FVIII remastered announcement.  This was a good conference, even if the hits were expected.  

Best of E3 so far, outside of no Avengers gameplay.