Puerto Rico Governor Wants Officer Fired Over Racist Flag Incident Caught on Video. UPDATE: Officer resigns, man charged

Dude she had to plead for him to help and he kept turning a blind eye. He only did anything because her brother showed up and escalated the situation (rightfully so)

This was like those movie scenes where cops are like "I don't see nothing"  :whistlin:when they want someone to get their asses kicked. 

Fuck cops 

5 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

This was like those movie scenes where cops are like "I don't see nothing"  :whistlin:when they want someone to get their asses kicked. 

I know exactly what you mean. When you see those scenes in films I always thought that couldn't possibly be that blatant in real life . . . yet here's the video of it happening. I owe some screenwriters an apology. :p 

7 hours ago, Nokra said:

6 hours ago, The def star said:

If he can't serve and protect in even the most non threatening situations he isn't fit to be in law enforcement.

But the resignation means he'll be rehired at a nearby department once the news hubbub around this has died down,

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

My favorite comment I've seen circling around: 

"He was as worthless as red lights in Grand Theft Auto."

That's not entirely fair. Red lights in GTA mean you have to be a bit more careful as you speed across the intersection, whereas this guy was completely irrelevant :p 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now Twitter embeds are squished. :(

How so? They look fine to me. Just smaller... and now actual Twitter sized, not oversized. The themes don't separate between Twitter and Facebook--they all fall under "Other", so we can't have one set one way and the other set another, unfortunately. It's a similar conundrum to video embeds on desktop and mobile.:(

30 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

How so? They look fine to me. Just smaller... and now actual Twitter sized, not oversized. The themes don't separate between Twitter and Facebook--they all fall under "Other", so we can't have one set one way and the other set another, unfortunately. It's a similar conundrum to video embeds on desktop and mobile.:(

Yeah now they are quite small, basically a little square.

Honestly, I'd rather have twitter posts be larger (like before) and have the occasional monster-size FB post than keep it this way. We have twitter posts all the time, but FB is much more rare.

39 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah now they are quite small, basically a little square.

Honestly, I'd rather have twitter posts be larger (like before) and have the occasional monster-size FB post than keep it this way. We have twitter posts all the time, but FB is much more rare.

I suspect it'll be worse for anything where there's something else (media, another tweet) embedded within the tweet.

The embed code allows you to control height (and presumably width? but it seems like height at least scales width). I went to edit Fright's post and it was defaulted to 1677 px height.

<div class="ipsEmbeddedOther" contenteditable="false">
	<iframe allowfullscreen="" class="ipsEmbed_finishedLoading" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedid="embed1288333918" scrolling="no" src="https://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?app=core&amp;module=system&amp;controller=embed&amp;url=https://www.facebook.com/m.i.a.paperplanes/videos/1909901335697359/" style="overflow: hidden; height: 1677px;"></iframe>
</div>

So maybe a mod or admin could just edit the height on the rare occasion this comes up.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The embed code allows you to control height (and presumably width? but it seems like height at least scales width). I went to edit Fright's post and it was defaulted to 1677 px height.

<div class="ipsEmbeddedOther" contenteditable="false">
	<iframe allowfullscreen="" class="ipsEmbed_finishedLoading" data-controller="core.front.core.autosizeiframe" data-embedid="embed1288333918" scrolling="no" src="https://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?app=core&amp;module=system&amp;controller=embed&amp;url=https://www.facebook.com/m.i.a.paperplanes/videos/1909901335697359/" style="overflow: hidden; height: 1677px;"></iframe>
</div>

So maybe a mod or admin could just edit the height on the rare occasion this comes up.

That's the Element Style, which can't be edited via CSS. 

I can try to find a happy medium. 

9 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

That's the Element Style, which can't be edited via CSS. 

I can try to find a happy medium. 

I'm saying that when someone posts a giant Facebook video that one of us can go into the post and just manually edit the

height: 1677px

part down to something more reasonable, since as Riley said it's not like we get a ton of Facebook video posts.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm saying that when someone posts a giant Facebook video that one of us can go into the post and just manually edit the

height: 1677px

part down to something more reasonable, since as Riley said it's not like we get a ton of Facebook video posts.

I don't believe there's any way to edit that. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

I don't believe there's any way to edit that. 

I'm talking about editing the source code of the post by hitting the "Source" button in the top-left of the WYSIWYG editor and then editing it there.

image.png