Nintendo's 'Voucher' program is really dumb.

Derek

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

If they do add every new release to the voucher program, it's not a bad way to save money if you are buying day one for full price.

I'd say any time you convert your valid-in-perpetuity cash to expires-in-one-year vouchers, it's a pretty bad way to spend money, especially if your plan relies on something being released within that window and also being added to the list.

If it didn't have an expiration date, I'd feel much better about it. Release dates and video games are notoriously unreliable. But you can bet the expiration for this voucher isn't.

This is a lame deal. I get it save $20 on two Nintendo games you buy digitally. However since it is Nintendo offering a discount of games this is news. I'm not going to participate in this because I can get 20% new physical games until December.

3 hours ago, Rodimus said:

This is a lame deal. I get it save $20 on two Nintendo games you buy digitally. However since it is Nintendo offering a discount of games this is news. I'm not going to participate in this because I can get 20% new physical games until December.

Where, Best Buy?

It’s simple... want 2 games that would come to more than 99?  Buy the vouchers.  You don’t... then don’t.

Nobody is forcing you to participate.

That being said, I wish Nintendo etc. Would stop worrying about pissing off physical retailers and sell digital games cheaper anyway.  Without cart costs, distribution, retailer cut etc...  Digital games could easily be 30% cheaper.

@Biggie

Nah, I’m gonna pass. I’ve been buying physical copies of games on Switch, and I don’t see that ending anytime soon. The vouchers don’t do much for me, personally.

I may have been enticed to buy ‘em if I had only just gotten a Switch, and I could save some dough on games I know I wouldn’t mind owning digitally. Stuff I could potentially play for the foreseeable future, like Mario Kart and Smash

The “free” Nintendo Switch Online membership would have been the cherry on top, too. 

On 5/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, Jason said:

Where, Best Buy?

Yes, In December my Gamers Club expires. I bought it for Nintendo games since they rarely see a discount. Also it has made cheap games cheaper. I also have 20% off Used games at GameStop but that ends in July.