BO Report: Endgame expected to end (that's the pun part) opening day around $140 FREAKING MILLION. JUST THE FIRST DAY. UPDATE: Estimates are $350 million opening weekend, $1.2 billion worldwide

You puny creatures are so lame.  You are but ant specks in our corporate spreadsheets.

Enjoy what we dole out to you and lap it up like so much tripe and just smile and say, "Thank you."

Bow before your corporate overlords and take your proper place under our shoe!

:p

18 hours ago, BuckFly said:

You puny creatures are so lame.  You are but ant specks in our corporate spreadsheets.

Enjoy what we dole out to you and lap it up like so much tripe and just smile and say, "Thank you."

Bow before your corporate overlords and take your proper place under our shoe!

:p

Are you 12?

On 4/30/2019 at 7:24 AM, Mercury33 said:

Are you 12?

Doubtful as I would have been about 3 when I became a member on this Board.

Since I remember Nixon resigning from office that also puts a hole in the 12 question.

Why so serious, Merc, bad day?

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It might be because of how dumb your posts in this thread have been. 

G1, I pulled my comment about putting words in other people's mouths with my strike through and explained it in my post to Wade with explanation that it was a mistake on my part.  

Even though there was a strike through on that people still didn't like my original comment, which I stand by because I haven't loved the WB movies, save for a couple.  That's fine, too.

However, my follow-up was obviously in jest, I thought my emoji gave that away.  

So:

I stated a position.

I retracted part of it.

Explained why I retracted part of it in my post to Wade.

And then made a statement so obviously sarcastic on its own that I didn't even need the emoji that came after, and yet I can't even believe I've gone through it with two other posters now on this board, of which I have yet to be insulting or talk down to either of you...or anyone.

So I'll paraphrase again...what gives?

12 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

G1, I pulled my comment about putting words in other people's mouths with my strike through and explained it in my post to Wade with explanation that it was a mistake on my part.  

Even though there was a strike through on that people still didn't like my original comment, which I stand by because I haven't loved the WB movies, save for a couple.  That's fine, too.

However, my follow-up was obviously in jest, I thought my emoji gave that away.  

So:

I stated a position.

I retracted part of it.

Explained why I retracted part of it in my post to Wade.

And then made a statement so obviously sarcastic on its own that I didn't even need the emoji that came after, and yet I can't even believe I've gone through it with two other posters now on this board, of which I have yet to be insulting or talk down to either of you...or anyone.

So I'll paraphrase again...what gives?

I didn't have a problem with your posts myself, just trying to explain what his thought process might be. Your posts were dumb, but inoffensive so I don't mind. Maybe a little obnoxious/over the top, but maybe people took you seriously. I didn't so all good with me brotha.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I didn't have a problem with your posts myself, just trying to explain what his thought process might be. Your posts were dumb, but inoffensive so I don't mind. Maybe a little obnoxious/over the top, but maybe people took you seriously. I didn't so all good with me brotha.

Greatoneshere,

I was honestly being sarcastic and I was poorly mixing Morbo from Futurama and Kent Brockman from The SImpsons.

However, I am honestly not being sarcastic right now and on my word if I offended anybody here with my comments please know it was not my intent.  I have been here a long time, but I don't post a ton and it was my mistake in either assuming the board members know my personality better, or that I took very lightly a subject that others are more serious about, with strong personal opinions.

I am not taking back my opinion, but I am wholeheartedly taking back anything that may be offensive, which I truly intended to be light sarcasm.

...in truth, as well, I really don't even personally know any corporate overlords.

:hug:

18 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Greatoneshere,

I was honestly being sarcastic and I was poorly mixing Morbo from Futurama and Kent Brockman from The SImpsons.

However, I am honestly not being sarcastic right now and on my word if I offended anybody here with my comments please know it was not my intent.  I have been here a long time, but I don't post a ton and it was my mistake in either assuming the board members know my personality better, or that I took very lightly a subject that others are more serious about, with strong personal opinions.

I am not taking back my opinion, but I am wholeheartedly taking back anything that may be offensive, which I truly intended to be light sarcasm.

...in truth, as well, I really don't even personally know any corporate overlords.

:hug:

I wasn't offended... I was responding to sarcasm with sarcasm. It's cool :hug: On another note, you're old enough to remember Nixon resigning??? I thought I was old :lol:

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wasn't offended... I was responding to sarcasm with sarcasm. It's cool. On another note, you're old enough to remember Nixon resigning??? I thought I was old :lol:

:twothumbsup:  I love coming here for the differing opinions and the way you all keep me on my toes on other perspectives.  I'll joke...maybe poorly, but I refuse to offend.  Life is too short and I want to try and be the same person here as I am out there.

skillz, man...I was 5...and I am very old.  :tired:

Even as a kid I had a love of history and I honestly remember that night and I remember my father putting me in front of the TV and telling me, "This is history."

I was at the Magic Kingdom and remember it...two years after it opened.  :megaton::lol:

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

If only they photoshopped a storm trooper in that second box.

Per their usual the stormtrooper would miss. 

I expect Star Wars to do very well this December, but I don't see it being in Avatar/Endgame territory.  I think for Star Wars to compete in those waters they need to take several years off and come back with a fresh story.

2 minutes ago, number305 said:

Per their usual the stormtrooper would miss. 

I expect Star Wars to do very well this December, but I don't see it being in Avatar/Endgame territory.  I think for Star Wars to compete in those waters they need to take several years off and come back with a fresh story.

giphy.gif

Shrek 5 would miss. 

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-endgame-brings-mcu-20-billion-box-office-mark/

A little over a week after the release of Avengers: Endgame, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has blown past the $20 billion worldwide box office mark. It’s hard to believe such an unprecedented number has been achieved. Or is it?

After hitting roughly $1.2 billion globally and $350 million domestically in its opening weekend, the fourth Avengers outing helped the MCU worldwide total box office pull reach its current level. According to Box Office Mojo, it’s sitting at $20.1 billion as of this writing.

Obviously, Endgame is a movie that’s all about the numbers, and big ones to boot. Trillions of lifeforms dying and being brought back to life. Billions of dollars earned from movie tickets. And Robert Downey, Jr. making around $100 million for starring in it. Endgame is crushing money-making recordsall over the planet, some of which its predecessor, Avengers: Infinity War, set itself.