BO Report: Endgame expected to end (that's the pun part) opening day around $140 FREAKING MILLION. JUST THE FIRST DAY. UPDATE: Estimates are $350 million opening weekend, $1.2 billion worldwide

Friday and Saturday receipts so far are over 260 million and more numbers continue to roll in. Friday may yet eclipse the 160 mark, and Saturday looks to be headed for the 120 mark.

360 million is in play. I’m already worn out.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Friday and Saturday receipts so far are over 260 million and more numbers continue to roll in. Friday may yet eclipse the 160 mark, and Saturday looks to be headed for the 120 mark.

360 million is in play. I’m already worn out.

Well yeah if you’re having to count all those receipts. 

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Quote from Era:

So yeah, I'd say $3 billion is possible considering many shows next weekend are already sold out.

Well yeah. Even if Endgame sees a 70% audience drop off for its second week, which is normally considered to mean a movie flopped, Endgame will still take in your over $300million. 

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of legs it has. I don't feel comfortable predicting it, but I think that this coming week and next weekend are going to continue breaking records. After that, who knows. Every record is up for grabs at this point. $1B domestic seems unlikely, but possible. $3B WW could happen, though I'd be shocked if it ends up below Titanic on the WW all time list.

14 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of legs it has. I don't feel comfortable predicting it, but I think that this coming week and next weekend are going to continue breaking records. After that, who knows. Every record is up for grabs at this point. $1B domestic seems unlikely, but possible. $3B WW could happen, though I'd be shocked if it ends up below Titanic on the WW all time list.

Definitely a tough call. the problem it has is summer blockbuster season is just getting started and there is plenty of competition coming down the pipe. I agree that it'll likely beat out Titanic, but will it be able to knock off Avatar? I still can't believe that is the #1 movie of all time. :doh:

41 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Definitely a tough call. the problem it has is summer blockbuster season is just getting started and there is plenty of competition coming down the pipe. I agree that it'll likely beat out Titanic, but will it be able to knock off Avatar? I still can't believe that is the #1 movie of all time. :doh:

Isn't that just because of the 3D upcharge? 

15 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Mickey, just buy Warner Brothers to bring DC and Marvel together under one roof.

I know it's not that simple, but we all have to be thinking it.

We most certainly do not all have to be thinking it.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

We most certainly do not all have to be thinking it.

I'll edit it, because you are right with that, SB, and that's me putting words into people's mouths.  I also don't hate the WB films.  I just don't think they are great when they could be so much better.  

Besides moments in Man of Steel I have very few fond memories about them.  

With 80+ years of history, it really shouldn't be difficult to make a good Batman or Superman movie, but here we are. Especially Batman, since he doesn't have that how do we make a perfect person interesting problem. Find a talented young guy who can be Batman for the next decade plus already. 

Also, I'd love to see a Daredevil esque Batman tv show. Batman is practically made for a tv series since he only has seemingly 5000 different bad guys in his universe. 

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I did read it - I am emphasizing the point! :p

My friend, POINT Emphasized!  :p

Yeah, you know me.  I don't even subtly write like that.

I didn't totally remove it because I did still want to make the point that I said it, but highlight the fact that I regretted it, as referenced in my responses to SB that I shouldn't have done that, putting words into people's mouths.

Sometimes I own up to my errors and leave them out there.  

Personally, I would be fine with it if they did, because it is just plain entertainment to me and I would prefer the best (and yes, Wonder Woman, Shazaam! and Aquaman show a nice trend).  However, I get why you guys don't like it AND I SUPPORT THE DIFFERING OPINION OF MY PEEPS!!!  :hug: