~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

Mother wanted her autistic son not to be afraid of police. Somehow, he winds up in handcuffs with a concussion.

WWW.WTVR.COM

Shelia Jackson wanted her son who has autism to feel comfortable around police. But when she went to pick him up from a tennis program, he was on the ground in handcuffs being held by officers.

• Guillotine 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what the police union's reaction to this is.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscpr-brightspot.s3.ama
LAIST.COM

In a memo, Chief Michel Moore said “extremist groups have hijacked the use of the ‘Thin Blue Line Flag’ to symbolize their undemocratic, racist, and bigoted views.”

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Guess what the police union's reaction to this is.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscpr-brightspot.s3.ama
LAIST.COM

In a memo, Chief Michel Moore said “extremist groups have hijacked the use of the ‘Thin Blue Line Flag’ to symbolize their undemocratic, racist, and bigoted views.”

While the chief is correct, I also think there’s merit in not ceding symbols to these chuds. They’re not theirs, they don’t get to define them.

47 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

While the chief is correct, I also think there’s merit in not ceding symbols to these chuds. They’re not theirs, they don’t get to define them.

This I would think is different than the regular ass American flag, it’s a wholesale other thing with a completely different meaning. They can have the thin blue line shit

I’m passionate about this as I’m of Nordic descent, I grew up with the sagas and the gods. These dipshits have repurposed my cultural heritage and symbols for their symbols of hate. Legit my birth giver when she was my mother would read the stories to me.

i have a valknut tattooed on my body, I refuse to let these fuckers change my heritage. It’s not theirs to own and define. I keep wearing it openly because they do not own my symbols. If I cover it up, I’ve let them own a symbol that was never theirs to define.

i keep a shrine in my house to this day guys, why should they get to own my symbols? Why shoujd I cede imagery that is apart of who I am to them?

44 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I’m passionate about this as I’m of Nordic descent, I grew up with the sagas and the gods. These dipshits have repurposed my cultural heritage and symbols for their symbols of hate. Legit my birth giver when she was my mother would read the stories to me.

i have a valknut tattooed on my body, I refuse to let these fuckers change my heritage. It’s not theirs to own and define. I keep wearing it openly because they do not own my symbols. If I cover it up, I’ve let them own a symbol that was never theirs to define.

i keep a shrine in my house to this day guys, why should they get to own my symbols? Why shoujd I cede imagery that is apart of who I am to them?

I've been contemplating getting various imagery from Norse myths tattooed on myself as well. Also of Nordic descent. And while I'm hesitant I largely land on "I need to stake my claim on these symbols" as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I've been contemplating getting various imagery from Norse myths tattooed on myself as well. Also of Nordic descent. And while I'm hesitant I largely land on "I need to stake my claim on these symbols" as well.

Exactly why I continue to own them. They’re mine, not theirs.

And you see these weak ass inferior gene looming mother fuckers. Odin don’t want them!

81109ee9a9d2be8ef3c395439184e05c.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

MEMPHIS, TN—In an attempt to quell public outrage over the upcoming release of body-cam footage showing the deadly beating of Tyre Nichols by five of its officers, the Memphis Police Department continued to urge calm Thursday in light of the unspeakable evil they had committed. “I understand that this heinous atrocity…

• True 2

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

From what I've heard, the video is indescribably horiffic.

It was obvious it was going to be horrific when they both outright fired the cops (as opposed to paid suspension pending an internal investigation) and announced murder charges days before the video was even released.

I'm going to put the descriptions in spoilers.

Spoiler

Officers deployed a Taser and pepper spray, much of which ended up on themselves during the melee, footage released by Memphis officials showed.

One officer appeared to be in pain as a colleague poured water on his eyes multiple times.

"I can't see jack s---," the officer said.

Another officer said he was nearly hit with pepper spray and appeared to threaten revenge on Nichols.

"You sprayed me too but luckily it didn't get into my eyes, just on my eye brow," he said. "I hope I stomp his ass."

Spoiler

Portions of body camera video released in the death of Tyre Nichols shows him being punched several times while he is on the ground.

Four videos were released by the city of Memphis Friday evening showing the Jan. 7 violent encounter following a traffic stop.

In one of the body camera videos, Nichols is on the ground and appeared to be punched several times in the head area by two officers standing over him. Nichols appears to cover his head area. He then yells "Mom." He also appears to be pepper sprayed, part of the video shows.

There is a moment in the security camera footage where the guys are effectively just taking turns punching him as one of them holds him upright.

There is another moment where an officer arrives from off frame, literally moves another officer aside, just so he can get a clean kick in.

Goodness