~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Edit. This is what the gun would have looked like:

Wow, that's such a wildly bullshit headline.

Teen firing toy gun fatally shot in the Bronx, NYC correction officer taken into custody

That's about as bad as they come.

• True 1

Speaking of cops being unable to keep their passengers alive. Also, as a reminder, NEVER call 911 for mental health emergencies.

Screen_Shot_2022-07-22_at_10.44.15_AM_by
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

“If I had known it would turn out like this, God knows I wouldn’t have called them,” Brianna Marie Grier’s mother said.

Police claim she kicked the door open, but I'm willing to bet that's a lie. Police aren't even publicly claiming this is what happened. That's only what they told the family the day of.

Don't worry. Police investigated themselves and found that what was captured on video never happened.

12066288_072122-ktrk-split-humble-police
ABC13.COM

Humble's chief of police said the officer involved did not strike the man. But video shows the officer picking up the man's head and slamming it to the ground.

I love that ABC hedges their headline by saying the victim claims the video shows police brutality when it's a nothing more than a video of a cop literally punching the man square in the face while he has his hands up.

On 7/24/2022 at 8:15 AM, Ghost_MH said:

Don't worry. Police investigated themselves and found that what was captured on video never happened.

12066288_072122-ktrk-split-humble-police
ABC13.COM

Humble's chief of police said the officer involved did not strike the man. But video shows the officer picking up the man's head and slamming it to the ground.

I love that ABC hedges their headline by saying the victim claims the video shows police brutality when it's a nothing more than a video of a cop literally punching the man square in the face while he has his hands up.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Good example of missing context changing a story in significant ways

31 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm not seeing much different from the story that I originally read. What changed?

Yeah, I'm not sure what changed. Here's the original story as I linked to it.

Overstreet said his client was outside a bar on June 24, when he was involved in a fight with two other men. Hanna admittedly got a gun from his own truck and fired it. Then, he called 911 out of fear for his own life, according to Overstreet.

Hanna said he handed over his gun when officers arrived and waited to be questioned.

So the point where he's punched is after he called 911, after he handed his gun over to the first cops that arrived, and after he was asked to raise his hands while he was knowingly unarmed.

I have no idea what context we're missing here.

And again, the entire reason this is even a thing is because the original police report said the officer never struck the dude. When he originally put in a complaint, police investigated and came to the conclusion that he did not punch this guy. I don't know if they realized the entire thing was captured on camera.

He got beaten with a chain, that’s where his injuries came from.

He was walking around pointing a gun at random people who weren’t remotely involved in the altercation.

He had already admitted to firing his weapon and couldn’t produce it to the police officer who arrived in scene.

He wasn’t punched, he was shoved to the ground and subdued for the reasons above.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

He got beaten with a chain, that’s where his injuries came from.

He was walking around pointing a gun at random people who weren’t remotely involved in the altercation.

He had already admitted to firing his weapon and couldn’t produce it to the police officer who arrived in scene.

He wasn’t punched, he was shoved to the ground and subdued for the reasons above.

I see that his injuries came from the chain now. Thanks.

He was absolutely punched, though.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The guy was backing away with a firearm refusing commands after assaulting multiple people with said firearm. Gaining distance helps you get a weapon into the fight before the opposition can react. This context changes it for me, cop dropped his ass subdued him and didn’t go overboard in the subduing.

Real altercations aren’t the movies. I’ve been in that exact situation in both the Marines and at work in the ER. He’s covered under force escalation continuum and I’d have done the same thing.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

No he wasn’t. You are seeing that because you were primed to believe it. He shoves him, a punch wouldn’t produce the physics seen :p 

4 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

The guy was backing away with a firearm refusing commands after assaulting multiple people with said firearm. Gaining distance helps you get a weapon into the fight before the opposition can react. This context changes it for me, cop dropped his ass subdued him and didn’t go overboard in the subduing.

Real altercations aren’t the movies. I’ve been in that exact situation in both the Marines and at work in the ER. He’s covered under force escalation continuum and I’d have done the same thing.

He was the one that called 911. He was sitting down until he was asked to stand. Raised his hands when asked and only protested when he was told he was going to be detained. How is the cop there reacting with similar force to a guy that's sitting on the ground, holding a lighter.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

No he wasn’t. You are seeing that because you were primed to believe it. He shoves him, a punch wouldn’t produce the physics seen :p 

I don't know how much of a functional difference between punching a person and what...pushing their face with your closed fist? The cops right hand is holding a pair of cuffs and hits him up above the shoulders. It's probably not as forceful of a punch as it could be if he wasn't holding onto the cuffs.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

He was the one that called 911. He was sitting down until he was asked to stand. Raised his hands when asked and only protested when he was told he was going to be detained. How is the cop there reacting with similar force to a guy that's sitting on the ground, holding a lighter.

I don't know how much of a functional difference between punching a person and what...pushing their face with your closed fist? The cops right hand is holding a pair of cuffs and hits him up above the shoulders. It's probably not as forceful of a punch as it could be if he wasn't holding onto the cuffs.

He called 911 sure, and the patient who threatened to shoot us and reached into his waistband self-presented as well. Guess what, I choke slammed him too as I interpreted it as a clear and present danger and I was cleared under force escalation continuum too.

the guy attempted to murder someone fleeing then assaulted a witness and refused commands while backing away. Anyone with firearm training is going to interpret that as a threat. 

The follow through with the arm was not a punch, there’s a force multiplier associated with a punch vs shove. 

4-FD912-BF-D065-4312-A393-4-F70-B3826-EA6

This is essentially the moment of impact from the officer. Notice you can barely see his “punching” arm.

I think he actually shoved him in the upper chest area, maybe slightly below the neck.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

4-FD912-BF-D065-4312-A393-4-F70-B3826-EA6

This is essentially the moment of impact from the officer. Notice you can barely see his “punching” arm.

I think he actually shoved him in the upper chest area, maybe slightly below the neck.

Hell, he could’ve rabbit punched him and I’d not have had an issue with it based on context here.

14 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Either way--again, not saying the guy wasn't being problematic--so I don't really care that the dude got hurt by chains or as a result of non-compliance. Or if he was shoved violently with a closed brass-knuckled/handcuffed fist or punched. No functional difference there.

Agreed.

For my context/background, based on my training. Up to lethal force could have been justified here based on the individuals prior actions alone. He’s already past level 3 and sailing past level 4 on the continuum. His previous attempted murder makes the argument that level 5, lethal force, could be convincingly argued. 

40 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Either way--again, not saying the guy wasn't being problematic--so I don't really care that the dude got hurt by chains or as a result of non-compliance. Or if he was shoved violently with a closed brass-knuckled/handcuffed fist or punched. No functional difference there.

The difference is in regards to the claim of police brutality :p 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

The difference is in regards to the claim of police brutality :p 

"Brutality" is defined inversely to threat level. I don't think a punch (or shove or whatever) is brutality in this scenario as Kab pointed out. Which is why I didn't comment when the story came out because there wasn't a lot of context there besides somebody saying they got punched after firing a gun.

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
220728130557-kenly-nc-street-super-tease
WWW.CNN.COM

The mass exodus of an entire police department after the hiring of a Black town manager in North Carolina has opened a conversation about public safety and race relations in a small town of just over 1,500 residents.

Before anyone tried to get cute, the previous town manager was a black man who was fired years ago. Right now the town's track record is black man as town manager that was fired, the position left vacant for a couple of years, black woman hired, and the entire police force quits due to vague comments on a "hostile work environment" and how she isn't going to understand how things are done in this small town.

This story is seriously wasteful. Oh, to be rich.

12084166_072922-kgo-batmobile-img.jpg?w=
ABC7NEWS.COM

Holy political favors, Batman! That's the allegation against San Mateo County Sheriff Carlos Bolanos for sending a four-man team across the country last week, to raid the garage that builds Batmobiles.

San Mateo Sheriff sent his guys out to INDIANA to issue a warrant and raid the only licensed Batman garage in the country over a civil dispute because one of the sheriff's buddies got bounced to the bottom of their waiting list after missing a payment. Why fly someone so far out? Because police in Indiana refused to do anything about it and local courts all threw the case out.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

This story is seriously wasteful. Oh, to be rich.

12084166_072922-kgo-batmobile-img.jpg?w=
ABC7NEWS.COM

Holy political favors, Batman! That's the allegation against San Mateo County Sheriff Carlos Bolanos for sending a four-man team across the country last week, to raid the garage that builds Batmobiles.

San Mateo Sheriff sent his guys out to INDIANA to issue a warrant and raid the only licensed Batman garage in the country over a civil dispute because one of the sheriff's buddies got bounced to the bottom of their waiting list after missing a payment. Why fly someone so far out? Because police in Indiana refused to do anything about it and local courts all threw the case out.

:facepalm: