~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

He's been defying subpoenas for years (at least over deputy gangs, possibly other stuff too). The county supervisors also either have or were talking about putting it on the ballot as a proposition to ask the voters to give them the power to remove the sheriff (right now Villanueva) which is an elected position.

Plus he's gonna fucking lose hard because he went full MAGA after getting elected in the 2018 blue wave as a Democrat so this is his last chance at retaliation and intimidation. 

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

honestly sheriff departments shouldn't even exist. Have local police (controlled through local town/city councils, and answerable to them, not the voters), and then either state or federal police (or some mixture).

In typical American fashion the jurisdictional stuff in LA County is an overlapping clusterfuck. While LASD has jurisdiction in the entire county, in the unincorporated areas in LA County they're the police not an additional layer of police. As a norms thing they're supposed to defer to/coordinate with the local police department, but for instance when Villanueva went in and showboated about chasing the homeless off the Venice boardwalk, he just went in without coordinating with LAPD.

gx2d36ivwxy01.jpg?auto=webp&s=f8dce6b8a4

Likewise in the white areas the county supervisors are the only layer of government, not an additional layer of government between the city and a state. As you can see, the yellow areas are comprised of a bunch of different cities.

The LA County health department is the health department for the entire county...except for Long Beach and Pasadena, cities (so in the yellow area) that have their own health departments.

And some of the cities (again, yellow area) don't actually have their own police forces and just contract with LASD.

10 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

:|

Screen-Shot-2022-09-16-at-9.36.26-PM.png
WWW.DENVERPOST.COM

A woman in police custody in Weld County was seriously injured Friday night when the patrol vehicle she had been placed in — which was parked on railroad tracks — was struck by a train.

Jesus. I mean how stupid can you be

On 9/19/2022 at 7:14 AM, Kal-El814 said:

:|

Screen-Shot-2022-09-16-at-9.36.26-PM.png
WWW.DENVERPOST.COM

A woman in police custody in Weld County was seriously injured Friday night when the patrol vehicle she had been placed in — which was parked on railroad tracks — was struck by a train.

She survived?! I just saw this story and was coming to post this... what the actual fuck happened here? This is some cartoon villain shit right here.

44 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

She survived?! I just saw this story and was coming to post this... what the actual fuck happened here? This is some cartoon villain shit right here.

If you watch the video above, it’s not villainous, it’s garden variety stupidity. The police parked behind the woman who was fleeing, and it happened to be on the train track, and they ended up putting her in that vehicle and started searching her vehicle and nobody thought to move the police cruiser off the tracks. I honestly don’t understand the logic of parking on the tracks in the first place, so I go back to just plain stupidity. It doesn’t appear as though it was some sort of strategic distance between the cruiser and the suspects vehicle. 

52 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If you watch the video it's stunning she didn't die on impact. It's fucking insane and what sblfilms said, plain stupidity on the police here. 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If you watch the video above, it’s not villainous, it’s garden variety stupidity. The police parked behind the woman who was fleeing, and it happened to be on the train track, and they ended up putting her in that vehicle and started searching her vehicle and nobody thought to move the police cruiser off the tracks. I honestly don’t understand the logic of parking on the tracks in the first place, so I go back to just plain stupidity. It doesn’t appear as though it was some sort of strategic distance between the cruiser and the suspects vehicle. 

I did watch the video and I was being facetious... thought that was kind of obvious.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I did watch the video and I was being facetious... thought that was kind of obvious.

What did you intend people to think you were communicating if not that it was an intentional act to harm the suspect when you referred to it as “cartoon villain shit”? I legit have no idea what else you could have meant, so I’m quite curious what you were intending to convey.

Leave it to a police officer to park their vehicle on an active rail track without stopping themselves to say “hmmm maybe I should back up a bit” like, this is a totally subconscious decision for anyone with IQ above room temperature. Too bad police can’t be fired for being stupid.

• True 1

37 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Leave it to a police officer to park their vehicle on an active rail track without stopping themselves to say “hmmm maybe I should back up a bit” like, this is a totally subconscious decision for anyone with IQ above room temperature. Too bad police can’t be fired for being stupid.

Cause there’d be too few cops to fill a cruiser

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

At the very least that officer should be fired.

She didn't survive.

79114638e500ce3f2d48e7a7efbaae07
WWW.AOL.COM

An abducted 15-year-old girl and her father — a fugitive wanted in the death of the teen's mother — were both killed amid a shootout with law enforcement Tuesday on a highway in California's high desert...

The vehicle became disabled around Hesperia, and the firefight ensued. Dicus said the girl was wearing tactical gear as she exited a truck's passenger side and ran toward the sheriff's deputies. The deputies did not initially realize it was the girl who was running toward them, Dicus said, because she was wearing a helmet and a military-style vest that can hold armored plates.

She was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead shortly before noon.

• Sad 2