~*The Official Thread of Hero Cop Valor and Bravery*~

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

In another case of social media sucks.

FACEBOOK-POLICE-BIAS-4x3-1.png?w=640
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

There was nothing overtly biased about the way the Wilkes-Barre Township Police Department described a mugging on its Facebook page in February 2019. The first …

Americans over-estimate how much crime is committed by black Americans. In what, I'm sure, is unrelated news; police disproportionally report on crimes committed by black Americans.

Hide contents

They found that police Facebook pages consistently overreport crimes by Black suspects relative to local arrests rates: Between 2010 and 2019, Black suspects were described in 32 percent of posts but represented just 20 percent of arrestees. It mirrors statistics that show white Americans overestimate the percentage of crimes committed by Black Americans by as much 20 to 30 percent compared to the actual figures (numbers that, themselves, already reflect a bias in who gets arrested versus who actually commits crimes). 

That's just how they've always worked.

• 2 weeks later...
AZ-Forf-Appeal_Jerry-Johnson_DF4A2110-12
IJ.ORG

ARLINGTON, Va.—Following a two-and-a-half-year legal battle, the $39,500 seized from small business owner Jerry Johnson at the Phoenix, Arizona, airport was finally returned to him […]

Fucking travesty with a somewhat happy ending.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing like some cops planning the murder of a journalist and wishing they could hang black folks.

ghnewsok-OK-5638754-2c5d1acd.jpeg?crop=6
WWW.OKLAHOMAN.COM

An Oklahoma sheriff and county commissioner were allegedly recorded making statements about killing a reporter and hanging Black people

12 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nothing like some cops planning the murder of a journalist and wishing they could hang black folks.

WWW.OKLAHOMAN.COM

An Oklahoma sheriff and county commissioner were allegedly recorded making statements about killing a reporter and hanging Black people

“Take them down to Mud Creek and hang them up with damned rope,” he said. “But you can’t do that anymore. They’ve got more rights than we’ve got.”

Clardy, the sheriff, recalled how his son, Kyler Clardy, a deputy with the Sheriff’s Office, talked about preheating an oven to 350 degrees and leaving the dead woman’s body inside of it for 15 minutes, according to the Gazette. 

According to the Gazette, with the woman’s corpse still wrapped in a body bag, Kyle Clardy joked about going to eat barbecue.

32 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Just straight monsters.

My neighbor cop in San Diego was a retired Sheriff and his son was active duty, they'd go on joy rides together to capture people. Sometimes the dad would sit on top of the hill where we lived and would radio over to his son what he was seeing. Sometimes at night I'd see him running around hiding behind trees and garbage cans. He's would also pull people out of their cars, get into fist fights, pull guns, etc. Cops would show up, all got brushed under the rug.

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

My neighbor cop in San Diego was a retired Sheriff and his son was active duty, they'd go on joy rides together to capture people. Sometimes the dad would sit on top of the hill where we lived and would radio over to his son what he was seeing. Sometimes at night I'd see him running around hiding behind trees and garbage cans. He's would also pull people out of their cars, get into fist fights, pull guns, etc. Cops would show up, all got brushes under the rug.

I installed a security camera on my balcony when he had beat up a kid he didn't like because he was Kuwaiti. One night I went out to get my dogs who liked to hang out there on the balcony, i pet them and then told them to come in for bed. Later I looked at the video because I wanted to see what they had been up to before I got them in from the balcony. While I was out there petting them that cop neighbor came out of his house and hid staring at me from around a corner the whole time I was out there. (That's why we left.)

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I installed a security camera on my balcony when he had beat up a kid he didn't like because he was Kuwaiti. One night I went out to get my dogs who liked to hang out there on the balcony, i pet them and then told them to come in for bed. Later I looked at the video because I wanted to see what they had been up to before I got them in from the balcony. While I was out there petting them that cop neighbor came out of his house and hid staring at me from around a corner the whole time I was out there. (That's why we left.)

That's not at all terrifying. Yeah, I'd leave as soon as I possibly could.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That's not at all terrifying. Yeah, I'd leave as soon as I possibly could.

He was very friendly with my wife, dogs, and I. But watching the video of me out there with my dogs and him hiding watching me made me feel more vulnerable than I've ever felt. I didn't know he was there. I was out there like 15 mins petting and talking to the dogs. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Karen with a badge and qualified immunity.

2dU.gif

• True 1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:57 AM, Ghost_MH said:

WWW.OKLAHOMAN.COM

The Sheriffs office put out a statement already expressing their shock and disgust… they vow to investigate the legality of the recording.. they are also confident the audio is altered..

thankfully the FBI has been involved not sure if the “good old boy” network goes that high but at least it skips the “we will conduct an internal unbiased investigation” most agencies do.

8 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

The Sheriffs office put out a statement already expressing their shock and disgust… they vow to investigate the legality of the recording.. they are also confident the audio is altered..

They've been screeching for days this was an illegal recording, but now they're going down the deepfake route?

On 4/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, BloodyHell said:
230420110447-20230420-deputy-and-disappe
WWW.CNN.COM

A Latino man and a Black man went missing three months apart in Florida. Both vanished after getting in a car driven by the same White deputy sheriff.

See this shit right here is TERRIFYING and is why communites of color do not trust the police. This shit was VERY common back in the day particularly in the South and most black people grew up hearing stories like this. These stories I suspect are more common than people think and NEED to be brought to light. Crazy.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

See this shit right here is TERRIFYING and is why communites of color do not trust the police. This shit was VERY common back in the day particularly in the South and most black people grew up hearing stories like this. These stories I suspect are more common than people think and NEED to be brought to light. Crazy.

Sundown towns absolutely exist.

There are places in California me and my fiancé will not even consider going to.

The final settlement payment the city is on the hook for is $229.285 million and our city finances were still completely fucked by COVID even without this because go figure, it turns out you don't have a sustainable tax base if it's all based on office workers and tourists because you refuse to let more people move here.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Santa Monica this week settled more lawsuits, bringing its total payout to $229.285 million — the most costly single-perpetrator sexual abuse disbursement for any municipality in the state.

• Shocked 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

My grandfather fled South Carolina and came to Jersey in the 50's and I STILL don't know why. None of us do. Knowing him he probably got a little too friendly with some White dude's wife :p

Fucking married white women is also a passion of mine. Your grandpa has good taste 

On 4/27/2023 at 7:27 AM, Jason said:

The final settlement payment the city is on the hook for is $229.285 million and our city finances were still completely fucked by COVID even without this because go figure, it turns out you don't have a sustainable tax base if it's all based on office workers and tourists because you refuse to let more people move here.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Santa Monica this week settled more lawsuits, bringing its total payout to $229.285 million — the most costly single-perpetrator sexual abuse disbursement for any municipality in the state.

image.png