After 34 Years, Someone Finally Beat Tetris

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I never really played tetris. I obviously tried it but I never made any effort. I didn't know you could "beat" it. 

2011 was the first time someone got to level 30. 2018 was the first time someone got to level 31.  They were still going through the 30s in 2020.  Dude got the kills screen on level 157 a few weeks ago.

Pretty insane! I actually would kind of give the most credit to the kid who actually created the technique they all use now but damn it’s all nuts. 

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I never really played tetris. I obviously tried it but I never made any effort. I didn't know you could "beat" it. 

Well you have perhaps the best version of Tetris which looks amazing in hdr on the deck just waiting for you to give it a go! And that version actually is designed to be beaten.

• True 2

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well you have perhaps the best version of Tetris which looks amazing in hdr on the deck just waiting for you to give it a go! And that version actually is designed to be beaten.

I totally forgot I had that. I may dl it just to to see the visuals but I have no desire to actually play it. 

I used to be a beast at Tetris back in the day and the best I ever got was like 600 lines. These guys are hitting 1500+, which is pure insanity.

I can't get over the "rolling" technique all the top players now use. Rapidly tapping the back of the controller to move the pieces . Most "rolling" players play with the controller backwards. It's nuts.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:20 AM, ort said:
KOTAKU.COM

The new strat involves rolling your fingers on the controller while applying pressure to the d-pad.

This is the new technique they are all using to break these records...

i still don’t even understand how this helps them know where to move the pieces so quickly 

• Confused 1

Not to mention that attending all these conventions and such has probably actually gotten him outside more and meeting new people than when she was a teen hanging out at the mall drinking orange julius or whatever 

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Not to mention that attending all these conventions and such has probably actually gotten him outside more and meeting new people than when she was a teen hanging out at the mall drinking orange julius or whatever 

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Eating at Sbarro

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Flipping through cd’s at Sam Goody like you are searching for something specific then not buying anything 

Man those were epic days hanging out at the mall. I miss that shit. Also stopping by the Arcade inside and playing NBA Jam. I owned bitches using the Spurs with Sean Elliot and David Robinson. Also used the Suns with Dan Majerle and Charles Barkley. I'd smoke a big fatty with my buddy Gregg and we would be high as a mother fucker playing that shit lol.

• Like 1
  • Hype 2

32 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Man those were epic days hanging out at the mall. I miss that shit. Also stopping by the Arcade inside and playing NBA Jam. I owned bitches using the Spurs with Sean Elliot and David Robinson. Also used the Suns with Dan Majerle and Charles Barkley. I'd smoke a big fatty with my buddy Gregg and we would be high as a mother fucker playing that shit lol.

I miss getting absolutely wrecked in Xmen vs Street Fighter then going off and playing Virtua Fighter 2 by myself!

• Hype 1

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

I was never high, but those mall days were something. Going in to buy whatever crap you thought was cool at the time, wandering into other stores for no reason, getting your favorite meal at the food court, seeing (and playing!) the latest arcade games, and hoping your crush was at the mall at the same time…kids today will never know. 

Malls that still exist today? Kinda eerie.

• Hugs 2