After 34 Years, Someone Finally Beat Tetris

7 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Malls that still exist today? Kinda eerie.

The one near me, the inside places are kinda getting shut down but they've turned a lot of the stores into outside facing stores, like restaurants. Anyone heard of The Red Chickz? They just opened up one there. And also they converted the Robinson's May into a movie theater.

All that being said, to @b_m_b_m_b_m's glee, they are looking into converting the parking lot into housing!

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You think that's crazy, @Paperclyp dominated NBA Jam using his favorite player of all time, Nick Van Exel :o

I actually wasn’t an nba jam guy. I never found it to be super fun. NBA street was more … my… 

……….

thing 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I actually wasn’t an nba jam guy. I never found it to be super fun. NBA street was more … my… 

……….

thing 

My college years were spent playing NBA Street with whomever walked into our dorm room to challenge us. 

It was me, mt twin brother, and two other college basketball players that had access to this suite of a dorm. It was massive with 3 tvs all occupied by PS2 and Xbox. Great, great memories! That was also when GTA 3 released and that was fuckin insane. 

On 1/7/2024 at 12:40 PM, best3444 said:

My college years were spent playing NBA Street with whomever walked into our dorm room to challenge us. 

It was me, mt twin brother, and two other college basketball players that had access to this suite of a dorm. It was massive with 3 tvs all occupied by PS2 and Xbox. Great, great memories! That was also when GTA 3 released and that was fuckin insane. 

Damn, three TVs...and no one had a Gamecube? Damn purple lunchbox can't catch a break! LOL

The second time I went to college, SSX3 would be THE game. If not Halo or Smash Melee.

32 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Damn, three TVs...and no one had a Gamecube? Damn purple lunchbox can't catch a break! LOL

The second time I went to college, SSX3 would be THE game. If not Halo or Smash Melee.

I had a GameCube but everyone my age thought it was for children. I'd use it at home all the time because GameCube was incredible. 

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I had a GameCube but everyone my age thought it was for children. I'd use it at home all the time because GameCube was incredible. 

True on both accounts. 

But here's another fact that people seem to ignore...the PS2 and Xbox? Also for children. Because let's face it; we are all children. 

The Gamecube was pretty sweet, but for me? The Game Boy Player sealed the deal. Being able to play the latest Castlevania games on a big screen? Yo, that was awesome. Everyone wanted a follow-up to Symphony of the Night and the only place to get it was on GBA. On consoles we got new 3D games (which are still good!) but it wasn't the same as the 2D "Metroidvania / IGAvania" titles. 

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

True on both accounts. 

But here's another fact that people seem to ignore...the PS2 and Xbox? Also for children. Because let's face it; we are all children. 

The Gamecube was pretty sweet, but for me? The Game Boy Player sealed the deal. Being able to play the latest Castlevania games on a big screen? Yo, that was awesome. Everyone wanted a follow-up to Symphony of the Night and the only place to get it was on GBA. On consoles we got new 3D games (which are still good!) but it wasn't the same as the 2D "Metroidvania / IGAvania" titles. 

Yea. At that time gaming was still not as popular or understood by adults just yet. Minus the big players but the Wii in 2006 kinda opened the door that gaming is for all ages. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea. At that time gaming was still not as popular or understood by adults just yet. Minus the big players but the Wii in 2006 kinda opened the door that gaming is for all ages. 

Yeah, the Wii definitely made some waves. But I still think mobile gaming is what made gaming "acceptable" to the masses. For better or worse. 

Damn you, Candy Crush. LOL

• Haha 1

I’ve always felt there were many contributors that expanded games appeal and public awareness. Sports games starting in the late 90s and early 2000s like Madden, NBA Live (then 2K), and FIFA as graphics began to look “real”. The Wii that made gaming “for all ages” and “for the whole family”. Facebook games, which segued into mobile games. Fortnite, not for the players it attracted, but the notoriety of it becoming a job (Streaming, coaching, tournaments).