What's something dumb that you say in real life?

Fizzzzle

Is there a word or phrase that you say, and every time it comes out of your mouth, you're slightly disgusted with yourself? 

My little brother, who grew up in Europe, finds it strange how often we use the word "like," and ever since he pointed that out to me I'm really self conscious about it. But I think that word has so many uses. It can mean an emphasized pause, a warning that a simile is incoming so don't take my phrase literally, OR a sign that whatever I'm about to say is completely sarcastic. Depending on how it's used. Or it can just mean I like something. It's a very versatile word.

Personally, I unironically say the word "sick" a lot. The problem with that is that sometimes I'll say it in meetings and I think everyone says I'm saying it sarcastically when I'm not.

I find it annoying as fuck when someone says 'appreciate you'. Just fucking say 'thanks' and be done with it. 

Or at work, when you ask how someone is doing and they respond with 'I'm here...'. 

I annoy myself when I'm talking to someone and I have to bring up the weather because I don't have much else to say. 'Supposed to get some rain today' or 'Supposed to start heating back up this week'. Yeah, everybody knows this.

1 minute ago, Derek said:

I find it annoying as fuck when someone says 'appreciate you'. Just fucking say 'thanks' and be done with it. 

Or at work, when you ask how someone is doing and they respond with 'I'm here...'. 

I annoy myself when I'm talking to someone and I have to bring up the weather because I don't have much else to say. 'Supposed to get some rain today' or 'Supposed to start heating back up this week'. Yeah, everybody knows this.

Hell yeah, it's gonna be a balmy 102 today, how 'bout them Cowboys?

• Haha 2

“Like” is one of those tricky ones because yes, it has a lot of valid uses, but it’s also become a filler word, like “um” or “fuckin’”. 

When I’m at work and someone or something makes a loud noise far away from me, I’ll turn to whoever is close to me and say “I didn’t do it!” It barely qualifies as a joke, it never gets any reaction, but I can’t help it. 

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

“Like” is one of those tricky ones because yes, it has a lot of valid uses, but it’s also become a filler word, like “um” or “fuckin’”. 

When I’m at work and someone or something makes a loud noise far away from me, I’ll turn to whoever is close to me and say “I didn’t do it!” It barely qualifies as a joke, it never gets any reaction, but I can’t help it. 

Or a 'just put that anywhere' when someone drops something.

The big thing that jumps to mind is SF specific but it’s more of what I don’t say. I no longer use gendered pronouns and have replaced them with “my friend” as my default form of address legit everywhere I go, was just saying it in Crete.

I know this offends some people and that makes it even better for me.

But to things I actually say, my default phrase when someone asks me how I’m doing is a flashback from the marines, “living the dream” I say it to this day.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

The big thing that jumps to mind is SF specific but it’s more of what I don’t say. I no longer use gendered pronouns and have replaced them with “my friend” as my default form of address legit everywhere I go, was just saying it in Crete.

I know this offends some people and that makes it even better for me.

But to things I actually say, my default phrase when someone asks me how I’m doing is a flashback from the marines, “living the dream” I say it to this day.

I think another one is when people ask "how's it going?" and I say "it's going."

• True 1

Not sure. I mean, I start every sentence with "I mean," and "Like," and use "fuckin'," a lot.

I also sing a lot but with made-up lyrics. I also chant, IDONTGIVEAFUCK - IDONTGIVEAFUCK YEAH! when I end up doing something naughty, like drinking an energy drink late at night cuz I want the taste.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

Not sure. I mean, I start every sentence with "I mean," and "Like," and use "fuckin'," a lot.

I also sing a lot but with made-up lyrics. I also chant, IDONTGIVEAFUCK - IDONTGIVEAFUCK YEAH! when I end up doing something naughty, like drinking an energy drink late at night cuz I want the taste.

Yea, you use "like" a ton in your posts. Inexcusable. 

I like calling people bro or bud. I know its douchey but whatever.  

14 hours ago, Derek said:

I stopped saying appreciate you recently

I respond to work how you doings with Im here a lot