Backlaugust 2023 is here!

Brick

I totally forgot all about this! So sorry for anyone who's always interested in this each year, here we go!

We do this every year over at Negative World, and we've made this an annual thing here too! Last year was fun, and people seemed to enjoy the encouragement to clear out more games from our collective backlogs during the month of August, hence Backlaugust!

The rules are simple:

- tell us what you're playing, and on what system so we can cheer each other on, and help each other out if we have any tips

- play a game from your backlog, either a game that's been sitting in your library for a long time that you've decided to finally play and finish, or a game you started long ago, but for whatever reason stopped playing and have been meaning to get back to and finish

- don't use a game that is new, or a game that you're already currently playing, pick a game from your actual backlog

- pick a game that you already own (no buying games you've been meaning to get for a while)

- when a game is actually "finished" is up to you. Whether that is completing the main story, getting 100% completion rating, getting all Achievements/Trophies, or just whenever you feel "done" with a game is up to you

- post when you're finished, and all the games that have been finished will be added to this OP

All right, let's get started, and have some fun getting some of our backlogs done! Let's see how many games we can complete!

Last year we completed 10 games, let's see if we can beat that!

THE FINISHED PILE

1. Shadowgate - Kal-El814

2. Spyro the Dragon - Remarkableriots

3. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - Remarkableriots

4. Amored Core 2 - Keyser_Soze

5. Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster - Kal-El814

6. Spyro: Year of the Dragon - Remarkableriots

7. Abzû - Remarkableriots

8. Shantae and the Seven Sirens - dualhunter

9. Tinykin - Keyser_Soze

10. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - Remarkableriots

11. Halo 3 - Brick

12. Final Fantasy VII Remake - BasemntDweller2

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Because I've played the original about 20 times.  I just enjoy the story, world and characters. 

I see. I never played the original nor any real FF games. I'm currently trying to finish 16 but that's not a FF game. 

I understand why you are enjoying 7 more. 

• Hugs 1

Now I'm working on these from my backlog

Spyro: Year of the Dragon

Jak II

Jak 3

Crash Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Control

Bugsnax

Biomutant

BioShock

BioShock 2

BioShock Infinite

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition

darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition

Darksiders 3

Darksiders Genesis

Agents of Mayhem

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Edited adding Yooka-Laylee which I haven't played since 2019

Finished Platinum August games

8/2 Jak and Dexter: The Precursor Legacy ( Doesn't count though towards total)

1. 8/6 Spyro the Dragon (Platinum) 120%

2. 8/10 Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (Platinum) 100%

• Halal 1

On 8/7/2023 at 6:49 AM, best3444 said:

I fortunately don't have a backlog. I'm patiently waiting for Starfield :daydream:

Im positive you haven’t beaten all of your games and I don’t even know what you own. You definitely have a backlog.

I doubt ill get in on it this year. I’m playing BG3 on my laptop. I leave Sunday for a week of bass fishing with a tournament next weekend, so I might fire up the laptop for an hour or so all week, maybe. 

By the time I get back, we’ll be near the end of the month, and sea of stars will be out.

Good on you for keeping it going though.who knows though, maybe I’ll sneak FFIV Pixel Remaster in. I’ve beaten the og many times, but never, ever the remaster. 

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Im positive you haven’t beaten all of your games and I don’t even know what you own. You definitely have a backlog.

I doubt ill get in on it this year. I’m playing BG3 on my laptop. I leave Sunday for a week of bass fishing with a tournament next weekend, so I might fire up the laptop for an hour or so all week, maybe. 

By the time I get back, we’ll be near the end of the month, and sea of stars will be out.

Good on you for keeping it going though.who knows though, maybe I’ll sneak FFIV Pixel Remaster in. I’ve beaten the og many times, but never, ever the remaster. 

There are maybe a few I haven't beaten but got really close except for XB3. I have FF16 to beat yet then I'm moving on to Strangers of Paradise. 

I’m the spirit of this (pun approaching) I tried out Spiritfarer. I spent 5 minutes running around my boat with literally no fucking clue and gave up. I didn’t realise we owned Pokemon Violet so I’ll see about that instead - although more likely I’ll be starting GoW:R.

I've been replaying Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, and R&C UYA in preparation for Spidey 2. Might just do Crack in Time, as well.

However, Deadlocked is one R&C game I never played, and since it's on PS+, I may very well go through it for the first time, possibly when I finish UYA. That's probably the only backlog one I have since the others are replays.

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

I'm posting to let everyone know that... I haven't crossed anything off yet.

Asterigos is going alright... but it's not quite what I expected and getting around is kind of a pain in the ass.

Plus every time I try to play a different game, one of my buddies is sending me an invite for Diablo...

I've been playing Halo 3 on PC through the Master Chief Collection with a friend, but there's a weird bug with the Steam version where if you alt-tab out of the game to look at something, the game disappears, but is still running deep in the background, but inaccessible. I can hear the game, but can't get back to it. Have to close the game, but for some stupid reason if you exit out of a co-op game you have to start the mission over from the very beginning. We both said fuck that because we were already pretty far into the mission, and didn't want to have to do it all over when it was already a late night. Pissed us both off. 

• Like 1