~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

My feeling of things through conversation and observation: left energy/enthusiasm has peaked and right energy/enthusiasm is picking up. 4 weeks to go though.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

My feeling of things through conversation and observation: left energy/enthusiasm has peaked and right energy/enthusiasm is picking up. 4 weeks to go though.

Agreed. I think right energy will die down a bit, but it won’t be a blue blow out. The dems will take the house by a thin margin and the gop will easily keep the senate. 

12 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I think this idea of measuring "energy" or "enthusiasm" is stupid. There's no real way to measure it and it'll ebb and flow wildly with every news story or political event.

I don’t think there is no way to measure it, just imperfect ways (things like small donors, first time donors, voter registration numbers, etc.). But we are mainly describing the attitude of the electorate to the upcoming election so of course is ebbs and flows based on the news :p

Any enthusiasm Republicans feel from fighting to support kav will be gone once the first holiday themed coffee cup that doesn't have merry Christmas on it.

And also the kav stuff will be forgotten by the right in two weeks when Trump orders a Roundup of puppies for slaughter. The news moves waaaaaay too fast these days for an issue a month away from an election to hold much sway, at least if *that's* the issue that gets you energized. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Perfectly balanced.  As all things should be. 

Firstly, that’s not balanced. Secondly, fuck balance. Everything needs to be packed with dems for a decade or more to undo the majority of bullshit this administration has and will continue to bring.

15 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Jokes are either funny because there is some truth to them or because it couldn’t be farther from the truth. What category was your joke intended to be?

And everything in between.  Jokes are jokes regardless if you find them funny.  Be charitable to your fellow human, rather than always trying to be an “I got you”. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

And everything in between.  Jokes are jokes regardless if you find them funny.  Be charitable to your fellow human, rather than always trying to be an “I got you”. 

Jokes are jokes? What does that even mean? Comedy never comes out of nowhere. Jokes are usually funny for a reason.

3 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Jokes are jokes? What does that even mean? Comedy never comes out of nowhere. Jokes are usually funny for a reason.

Take your username for example... 

what you find “funny for a reason” someone else finds it offensive.  And I find that funny. 

Women voting for the GOP is like jews voting for hitler.

The GOP stands for one thing and one thing only. Rich White men.

They throw dumb hillbillies and jesus freaks some bones because they need their votes, but make no mistake. It's a a party for rich white men. That's it. They don't give a flying fuck about anything else. It's all tax breaks all the time. That's all they actually care about. That's it.

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I mean its one poll, but the idea that more people were swayed to vote republican because they were meeting resistance from Dems because the guy was accused of sexual assault and being a raging drunk in his early years and then lied about it was always dubious.

It's obvious how Kavanaugh withdrawing or his nomination dragging out past November 6 would motivate the GOP base to show up—they'd view it as urgent to keep a GOP-controlled Senate in that case. It never really made sense that winning on this one a month ahead of the midterms would help the GOP, though, because it removes the immediate urgency for the base. I'm pretty sure it's just spin from McConnell to try to dampen Democratic enthusiasm by creating a "you've already lost" narrative. 

None of that matters. The seat was so important that it was worth it to them.

They don't care how political craven they look, how morally bankrupt they look... it was worth it to them... and they are right. That's why they keep winning. That's why they control all three branches of the government and yet still cry and whine about everything like the little shit babies they are.

21 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I mean its one poll, but the idea that more people were swayed to vote republican because they were meeting resistance from Dems because the guy was accused of sexual assault and being a raging drunk in his early years and then lied about it was always dubious.

It's a tactical move to try and suppress resistance.  The idea that opposing them makes them stronger is not only crap but too many people buy into it.