~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 hour ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’m starting to think the Democrats need to fire their consultants 

It's because corporatist Democrats don't want the Democratic party to go the progressive route, of course. If they did, they'd lose a lot of their donor and super PAC money. Then they'd actually have to WORK for THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. And fuck that, amirite?

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's because corporatist Democrats don't want the Democratic party to go the progressive route, of course. If they did, they'd lose a lot of their donor and super PAC money. Then they'd actually have to WORK for THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. And fuck that, amirite?

Who'd pay for the consultants? 

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Who'd pay for the consultants? 

Oh gosh yes think of the poor consultants! :p 

Social media allows these numbskulls to communicate with us directly and they get enough small dollar donors anyway to afford whatever they'd need in terms of getting re-elected. Progressive candidates are out fundraising their Democratic competition without taking dark money, so . . . 

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Breitbart.

Before I even knew who Andrew Breitbart was, links to the site would show up in Google searches, and I'd always half-wonder if Bret Hart had his own web site. 

Alas, the site was not the best there is/was/ever will be.

• Haha 1

I just found out that here, in The U'S'A, you are permitted to have as many email addresses as you desire. It is marvelous. I said to my wife, in jest, "I desire an additional email address" and she said "that action is permitted." She said it over and over, continuously into the following morning. "That action is permitted. That action is permitted"

• Guillotine 1

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just found out that here, in The U'S'A, you are permitted to have as many email addresses as you desire. It is marvelous. I said to my wife, in jest, "I desire an additional email address" and she said "that action is permitted." She said it over and over, continuously into the following morning. "That action is permitted. That action is permitted"

Huh

41 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ted Cruz is only one being and not several.

- Guy Manderson

I have seen many people and Ted Cruz is one of them

- Firstname Lastname

Oh my glorious fuck :rofl: 

I wish to shut down the space program and destroy all telescopes, abruptly and without explanation.

I once observed a child traversing on wheeled shoes. I will work tirelessly to find out what this technology is called and demand the earth children turn its schematics over to me, forthwith. 

• Guillotine 1

In North Texas alone, the amount of Beto bumper stickers and yard signs is ridiculous. I've probably seen 50-75+ in the last two months. I've only seen one Ted Cruz sticker ever. This makes me happy, but yes, Beto is going to lose by a decent margin anyway.. 

7 minutes ago, Comet said:

In North Texas alone, the amount of Beto bumper stickers and yard signs is ridiculous. I've probably seen 50-75+ in the last two months. I've only seen one Ted Cruz sticker ever. This makes me happy, but yes, Beto is going to lose by a decent margin anyway.. 

And did that sticker look around, spot you, and say, "Fellow human. I appear to have gotten stuck in this adhesive campaign mini-billboard. Could you extract me in some way?"

14 minutes ago, Comet said:

Yeah but Dallas only had Hillary stickers too and she didn't win the state.

3 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Yeah but Dallas only had Hillary stickers too and she didn't win the state.

North Texas votes overwhelmingly Republican and Hillary wasn't as competitive as Beto.

Not that I go by yard signs, but he's clearly excited Democrats there and there is no sane reason anyone could look at the polling and think there's no way he can win. 

28 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Dallas is considered North as if there's no more North but there's the "real north" that no one cares about that's basically Oklahoma.

You can't judge Texas by liberal Dallas

texas.jpg

2016:

screen-shot-2012-11-12-at-9-40-52-am.png

I love county maps because the fact that Texas was actually decided by 9 points despite that county disparity is amazing.