~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

30 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Watch them all lose. Ololol :flag_us_inverted:

Of those Sinema is the only one i see as being a favorite, McSally is definitely MAGA lite and ~48% of the vote in last nights primary went to full blown MAGAtards, the GA/FL gov races are just stark differences from complete opposite ends of the political spectrum and really just who knows wtf is going to happen, and Beto is just making huge gains forcing National GOP to actually do million dollar ad buys in Texas to boost Cruz.

15 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I am more confident than ever that, sans a recession before Election Day, Trump will be re-elected.

Fwiw, the gap has closed somewhat (by about 30k) to 1.6M R / 1.5M D

I think Florida is going to become more and more conservative as white boomers from the Midwest go to retire there due to the lack of income tax and no snow. I don't think that democratic or associated minority voting turnout or population in GA, AZ, TX, and NC are there yet to counter the conservative growth in FL and some other Midwestern states like OH and WI. I do agree though. There may be a decent amount of population growth/change but it isn't reflected in the census until after the 2020 election.

Florida primary had its highest percentage of participants as dems in decades, including the years Obama won the state, also has closed primaries meaning ~3.5 million registered voters could vote if they wanted to, so primary turn out is a dubious thing other than to tell if people are motivated i guess, which they are since they had presidential year like turn out.

Gillum is a huge fucking win for progressives.

But please, everyone tell me how progressives are in the same spot they've been in for the last ten years . . . 

We're making gains people, because the logic is there and people are finally listening (well, some are). 

Then again, a dude who killed his own mother narrowly lost their primary. So, you know, people are idiots. 

2 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The texas gop is trying to make Beto look cool

I’m voting for him, but I am tired of his Beto schitck. You aren’t Hispanic, bruh.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m voting for him, but I am tired of his Beto schitck. You aren’t Hispanic, bruh.

Yeah, that's weird, I agree.

He just recently gave a speech where he came out clearly for pro-kneeling in the NFL where he went on a tear in general about how useful and important non-violent peaceful protesting is which was pretty fucking baller.