~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

I'd imagine a lot of those counties have more cows than people.

Well then they're stupid to vote red because Trump is not in favor of cows, given how many burgers he eats (he ain't going to Chik-Fil-A). 

Which perfectly describes the Trump voter who votes against their own self-interest. Who knew it was cows?

21 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Fox News poll shows bad news for the GOP, basically double digit deficits across the board on generic, party favorability, Obamacare Vs GOP tax cut popularity, and the Mueller probes approval has skyrocketed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/22/fox-news-poll-democrats-maintain-lead-in-race-for-house.html

Et tu, Fox News?

• Thanks 1

Fox News polling isn't bad, actually. They probably keep the Hannitys and Tuckers out of that sphere.

I also saw a pretty noticeable increase in Trump's disapproval this week; I'm curious how much of a decline he'll get from this week's news, which seems to have already made a noticeable difference. As a comparison, I remember seeing a 1-point uptick in his approval after the North Korea news earlier this year.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/hrc-campaigning-for-andrew-cuomo-over-cynthia-nixon

Roskoff agreed that Cuomo was on the right side of some LGBT issues, but he says the governor tacitly blessed the Senate's Independent Democratic Conference (IDC), a group of Democrats who joined forces with Republicans, keeping them in control of the Senate and blocking progressive bills. Among them, one bill that would have banned anti-transgender discrimination died without the Senate’s support. (Cuomo had lied to one LGBT group about endorsing a member of the IDC.) Cuomo backed off his support for the IDC this year and presided over a reunification of the Senate Democrats, after Nixon hammered him.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:30 AM, 2user1cup said:

Yeah but Dallas only had Hillary stickers too and she didn't win the state.

Nah I still see fucking Trump stickers. And while the Dallas area is blue, I live in Collin County which is full of affluent suburbs that consistently votes red. My anecdotal evidence isn’t meant to convince anyone here - I just find it mildly surprising. The people waving the Beto stickers and signs are NOT poor or Hispanics here. 

Emerson poll has Beto down by 1, but has 21% of voters undecided, Abbot has a 20 point lead in the same poll.

Ward's only chance of winning the AZ primary is for Arpaio to bow out and get all of his votes, even then probably won't happen, McSally picked up almost all the undecideds in a local ABCs recent poll from a previous poll.

4 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

DeSantis attacked his opponent for condemning Trump for the grab 'em by the pussy tape. What a world.

https://www.axios.com/trump-backed-ron-desantis-wins-florida-governors-primary-360ca7a2-3d5f-4b4f-bd1a-afc8f5a785b9.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/28/us/elections/florida-primary-elections.html?mtrref=www.nytimes.com

The county map.

Gillum's leading in Levine's city of Miami where he's mayor. And long-shot Wetherbee won one county, lol.

DeSantis really cleaned up after that Trump endorsement.