What do you enjoy doing more in games?

Remarkableriots

Do you prefer to stick to the main story, explore, do every side quest, or do other things? For instance, I like to explore and find everything in open-world games like Assassin's Creed. I have spent an insane amount of time in Disgaea (1,000+ hours) just upgrading weapons and armor. I still haven't finished the story. I played it on my PSP, so I took it on trips and played a lot at work.

I tend to focus on the main story but for instance with Zelda, all I did for hours upon hours was upgrade my stamina and health before I did anything else. I'm only now focusing on the main story which I'm certain I'm close in finishing soon. 

• Like 1

I do it all until I beat the game. If it has to be done after the final boss is dead then it is rare that I do that. I dislike post-game and would always like it if the final boss is the hardest boss in the game, even over super bosses. 

I used to be more of a completionist and would try to finish every side quest, explore every avenue for diversion, etc. 

These days though, where my gaming time is more limited, I tend to stick to the story unless there's something really intriguing. 

I used to do a lot of the side stuff, then when I start to get bored, I just move onto the finish. Like Bacon, once I beat the main boss, I usually don't go back for post-game content.

DQ 11 was the exception, though, I went back and hard 100 percented that bitch.

depends on the games.. if the repeatable tasks are worthwhile then they will be pursued along with main objectives… sometimes games put annoying tasks to complete for good rewards (notes for sea shanties in black flag)..

others like kicking doors in in Ghost Recon Wildlands are enjoyable for the variables..

Depends on the game, my mood, the quality of the side content and main content, how long I've already been playing, what other games I'm interested to getting to, all kinds of factors that kind of change every play session. But if I generalize broad enough, I like to do side stuff until it stops being interested and get back on the main story.

22 hours ago, Derek said:

I used to do a lot of the side stuff, then when I start to get bored, I just move onto the finish. Like Bacon, once I beat the main boss, I usually don't go back for post-game content.

DQ 11 was the exception, though, I went back and hard 100 percented that bitch.

Did it take a long time to farm the seeds to max out the stats?

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Did it take a long time to farm the seeds to max out the stats?

You son of a bitch!! Lol. I guess I didn't do that. Just max leveled everyone, finished all the quests and beat the Time Worm or whatever it was.