Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! - update: Super Earth's managed democracy eradicates the Automaton faction, extra 1 minute break issued to all Helldivers

SaysWho?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! (2023)
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! (08 February 2024)

I got the first one the other day for $2.50 because slamwolf is always slobbering over it and this one looks cool. It seems like a fun game but not sure how invested I’ll get with this coming out. I’ll play a little more just to be familiar with the IP as I think I’ll be picking this up at launch.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Is it just me or does the new one look like a fancy Earth Defense Force?

Yes and I'm all about it. This just looks....FUN. I had the best time playing EDF with my bros back in the day.

20 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

There was a story?

There's not really a story. In the first game, it's the far future where it's basically Starship Troopers and you fight off three other groups/factions and that's all they really tell you and then you just land on planets, do missions, and kill stuff. You play missions, along with the rest of the online community, which collectively contributes to beat each group/faction. Eventually, when the community wins and the war with each race ends, you do get ending text, a short cinematic, and the credits, and then the online war just resets and starts up again. Helldivers has gone through this cycle numerous times, I've seen the war reset three times already myself since I started playing a few months ago with my brothers. So "the story" isn't much which is probably why the Youtube video is only 1.5 minutes.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! (08 February 2024) - 74K CCUs on Steam (biggest PlayStation launch on Steam)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Helldivers 2 announced for PS5/PC! (08 February 2024) - 82K CCUs on Steam (biggest PlayStation launch on Steam)
Just now, DarkStar189 said:

I think I’m going to buy the PS5 version tomorrow. Didn’t follow this game at all and I’m surprised by the look. Looks right up my alley.

I watched a few streams and the gunplay and the sound of the guns is fantastic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I watched a few streams and the gunplay and the sound of the guns is fantastic. 

The haptics on the PS5 controller make it even better. All the guns feel great to use. 

I played a few missions solo and they’re fun but def tough alone. Then played a couple with @JPDunks4 and had a blast. The last mission we ran out of time so the main ship left and we had to wait the 2 minutes for our pick up with no special abilities. Spent two minutes with him pouring his flamethrower and me my machine gun into the small pass leading to the extraction point. Drop shop landed on him and killed him but I made it out 😂😂

Music makes it even more epic feeling. Def a lot of fun and can’t wait to get a full squad and see what the upper difficulties are like 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm intrigued by this game, but I have two caveats. One, every single one of my gaming buddies (both of them) are on Xbox. Two, I'm curious what kind of legs this game has, no pun intended. Because it kind of just looks like horde mode.

Well, the first game has been out since 2015 and is still going strong 9 years later in 2024 so it could have very long legs.