Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) and Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "First In-Engine Look" trailer (UE5) for Metal Gear Solid Δ

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) and Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 (PC/PS5/Xbox Series/Switch) - "First In-Engine Look" trailer (UE5) for Metal Gear Solid Δ
2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yes, PureDark is charging $120 for it and you have to install a microchip in your brain that makes your dick explode if you even think about pirating.

The good kind of explode or the bad kind?

Also:

NUMSKULL.COM

Official Metal Gear Solid product Designed and engineered by Numskull Designs Fragrance inspired by the iconic game location of Shadow Moses Island Unisex cologne enriched with aromatic hints of myrrh, fir balsam and patchouli with undertones of oakmoss, cedarwood, amber and musk Perfect gift for any fan of the Metal Gear Solid franchise Experience the

On 6/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, TheLeon said:

I don’t know what’s more disappointing: that this collection costs $60, or that I’ll absolutely buy it day one. 

I did not, in fact, buy the collection day one. I have been itching to replay this series, but I can wait.

It’s funny that they also broke it up into 4 $20 titles, presumably to make the collection actually feel like a good value. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Maybe I did. It's been a long time. So on harder difficulties does it require you to play stealthy and espionage like? 

On hard difficulty and up you can't simply just run through the levels to get to the next check point. The guards are too smart and aware of your presence and you do actually have to play stealthy and use the camo, etc. I definitely recommend trying it again but on a harder difficulty or wait for the remake and do the same.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I didn't find that trailer nearly as impressive as most other UE5 reels, which isn't to say it doesn't look good.

I never got around to Snake Eater, as I was never the biggest fan of the series, but maybe I'll give the remaster a try.

Maybe not such a hot take but you goofed up. MGS3 was not only the best in the series, one of the best games on PS2 but one of the best games of all time. While this game does look nice it does feel like they put someone else's picture in the frame of the Mona Lisa. Maybe at a fundamental level it is the same thing but seems to be lacking the soul and charm of the creator (Hideo Kojima) - Until we see an actual cutscene I wouldn't consider playing this game.

That being said it is never too late to go back and play the original, and much cheaper as well

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

The gigantic flaw with that game was that you can litteraly run through a "stage" without any combat to reach the next checkpoint or level. I was extremely disappointed by just running through the stages.

This is why I stuck at stealth games. I wanna stealth kill everyone.

Sad news for those people who still buy Physical media :p

WWW.IGN.COM

Now Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 is out, players are learning more about what is — and isn’t, on the disc. And in the case of the Nintendo Switch version of the hotly anticipated collection, fans have realised not all the games are on the cartridge.

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe not such a hot take but you goofed up. MGS3 was not only the best in the series, one of the best games on PS2 but one of the best games of all time. While this game does look nice it does feel like they put someone else's picture in the frame of the Mona Lisa. Maybe at a fundamental level it is the same thing but seems to be lacking the soul and charm of the creator (Hideo Kojima) - Until we see an actual cutscene I wouldn't consider playing this game.

That being said it is never too late to go back and play the original, and much cheaper as well

I remember that being a common sentiment at the time, but I just couldn't bring myself to play another MGS game after 2. I could appreciate the stealth gameplay and the clear care that went into the game, but I found the storytelling to be insufferable. The only MGS game I've played since is V, which I really enjoyed largely because the story took such a back seat to the gameplay.

Konami fucking suckkkkks for this shit ass job they did. This should have been a no-brainer home run. The original games all 4k/60 with options to turn off and on based on what’s already available in open source emulators. 

That there isn’t even a wrapper for this to select between the games and then go back to pisses me off so much. That, I didn’t realize.

I did buy this last night because I was craving MgS and has some issues (probably downloaded a bad iso) on duckstation so I said fuck it. The only reason I want to play this version is I imagine it stays on Steam for a very long time and will keep my saves safe in the cloud for my replays. And at least I got it $10 off on cdkeys.

Theres pc patches already got 4k on MGS2/3 and you can get rid of the filter on MGS and get it to actual 720p, and…like 50+ mods already on Nexus. So, pc versions will probably grow rad in time, with no credit to Konami for that. 

For now, these are decent versions as is on a handheld pc. 720p/60 is totally fine on my ally and MGS2 looks great. Even MGS, it’s M2, so not a bad job as long as you are expecting the original experience on a handheld.

Anything else besides a handheld pc and I wouldn’t have gotten it even though it’s one of my favorite franchises and MGS2 is a top5 for me. Seems like a miserable experience on a big screen and switch seems to run worse than vita?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Konami fucking suckkkkks for this shit ass job they did. This should have been a no-brainer home run. The original games all 4k/60 with options to turn off and on based on what’s already available in open source emulators. 

That there isn’t even a wrapper for this to select between the games and then go back to pisses me off so much. That, I didn’t realize.

I did buy this last night because I was craving MgS and has some issues (probably downloaded a bad iso) on duckstation so I said fuck it. The only reason I want to play this version is I imagine it stays on Steam for a very long time and will keep my saves safe in the cloud for my replays. And at least I got it $10 off on cdkeys.

Theres pc patches already got 4k on MGS2/3 and you can get rid of the filter on MGS and get it to actual 720p, and…like 50+ mods already on Nexus. So, pc versions will probably grow rad in time, with no credit to Konami for that. 

For now, these are decent versions as is on a handheld pc. 720p/60 is totally fine on my ally and MGS2 looks great. Even MGS, it’s M2, so not a bad job as long as you are expecting the original experience on a handheld.

Anything else besides a handheld pc and I wouldn’t have gotten it even though it’s one of my favorite franchises and MGS2 is a top5 for me. Seems like a miserable experience on a big screen and switch seems to run worse than vita?

I wanted to download it so bad but every review was bad. Usually I don’t pay attention to reviews but in this case it was so blatant that it had lots of issues I decided to stay away. Sucks because like you I love MGS 2. 

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I wanted to download it so bad but every review was bad. Usually I don’t pay attention to reviews but in this case it was so blatant that it had lots of issues I decided to stay away. Sucks because like you I love MGS 2. 

It’s 720p to a 1080p with a shit upscale - it will look HORRIBLE on a tv. I’m playing it on a 7” screen is the only reason it looks good. But then on switch MGS2 is 30fps so :/

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DarkStar189 said:

I usually get excited for anything Metal Gear Solid. When I saw the trailer for the master collection months back, i immediately got a bad vibe from it. Like they did nothing to it. Looks like my feeling was right.

They didn't even do nothing, they somehow regressed the game in quality according to the DF video. The HD Collection from 2011 on the 360, from bluepoint is better. Like they somehow changed the anti aliasing so jaggies up the ass, low res, somehow only runs at 30 on switch so you know it's not optimized at all.

But I'm with you, I had a "bad vibe" or just figured they would do nothing to it. They delisted the old games to put this out and it's basically the same thing but worse. Like I subtlety suggested to Nokra earlier, go duckstation or PCSX2 on this, don't waste $60 or whatever it is. Again the DF video mentions put your series X in dev mode and you can run duckstation and play these games on it and it will look way better than this release.

• Halal 1

• 1 month later...

I’d say fuck it because yeah MGS handheld is pretty sweet but damnit why does MGS2 have to be 30fps on it. On the plus side I didn’t realize Bluepoint did some work on the HD remasters improving things and they do look nice on a handheld screen and apparently they fixed the MGS1 port the other day which should be a solid M2 ps1 accurate port as long as you don’t want enhancements now.